[sweeper] Custom rules to manage recordings

Thank you MymsMan

Sorry, I only use the epname, series and episode details to identify a particular recording, it then gets moved to the appropriate folder, no renaming is being performed, may be one day I'll wake up screaming and realise how to do coding more efficiently

But many thanks for your efforts
mv is used to both move and rename on Linux so newfilename can be same name in a different folder, new name in same folder, or different name in different folder.

But I'm still unsure if this is a valid option

Thanks for your input Black Hole
It should be but I recommend playing around in the browser developers tools since you can see the effect of changes immediately with editting on Humax and needing to refresh browser page.

Which is located where please

Fortunately there are tutorials (e.g. https://www.w3schools.com/css/) and tools to help. Depending on your browser if you right click on the part of the web page you are interested in you should be an option like 'Inspect Element' which will bring up a Developers Tool window including a style editor where you can play around seeing the effect of different options.

On Chrome it is called Inspect
1588702222918.png

I'm grateful for all input, but forgive me for being blunt

The question is [ would altering [ height: '600', width: '800' ] tp [ height: '600', width: '95%' ] work or is that making it too simple ]

At that point a [ Yes / No ] would have been more in keeping with my lack of coding knowledge

I then responded with [ But I'm still unsure if this is a valid option ]

To which [ it is or it is not ] would have been a more a appropriate reply, again given my lack of coding knowledge

When you do use the [ Inspect ] option, you get a side screen of gibberish appear along with a selection of coloured boxes and text, it may as well be written in Klingon

It would be a nice, but not trivial, extension to sweeper if in Rules you could query other data sources on the humax such as TVdb databases or @Andrea Edwards's spreadsheet and , if a match was found, set tokens which could be used in other sweeper rules

I couldn't give a Yes/No answer without spending the time and effort to undertake the experiment myself, it doesn't look an unreasonable thing to try
Thanks MymsMan

So open the file in the Humax text editor, I have a backup on my laptop, make the edit change and is a restart needed, or will the change take effect next time the script is called

Thanks MymsMan

So open the file in the Humax text editor, I have a backup on my laptop, make the edit change and is a restart needed, or will the change take effect next time the script is called
No humax restart should be needed, You may need to use Ctrl-F5 in the browser to force it to clear out cached copies and if anything does go wrong look at the log in the Developer tools to see any error messages.

Last edited:
It wouldn't work because as explained earlier the only thing you can put in the '' is a non-negative whole number, interpreted as a screen measurement in px units, or the word auto, and if a number it would be better for it to not to be quoted anyway.
Thank you /df

I've managed to increase the viewable area by using a higher value width number, but I could not get any meaning change when set to auto

The file in the text editor had to be closed each time for the changes to take effect, which introduces another gripe

Each time you want to repeatedly open the same file to make minor changes, (I made the actual change using a text editor on my laptop, then copied and pasted), you have to navigate through the various hierarchy, having the [ Commonly edited files ] bit at the bottom of the screen to include the last edited file, or a prompt box whereby you could paste the entire link

To all those who offered encouraging and productive suggestions, thank you

Anyone for a cuppa

Each time you want to repeatedly open the same file to make minor changes, (I made the actual change using a text editor on my laptop, then copied and pasted), you have to navigate through the various hierarchy, having the [ Commonly edited files ] bit at the bottom of the screen to include the last edited file, or a prompt box whereby you could paste the entire link
"Open in New Tab" may help there.
Anyone for a cuppa
Anti-viral digestif at this time of night.

Yes, I agree that is annoying, but your suggestion is unlikely to be noticed in the right circles buried in another rambling post, and needs to be raised in the WebIF thread.

https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/webif-web-interface-1-4-x.7712/post-140810

Back