Sweeper - Feature Request (Episode Title)

ian_j

I've had an idea for a sweeper rule that could be very useful for people that record series.

Most series that have episode titles have the title shown in the synopsis followed by a colon then the actual synopsis, I've bolded the relevant info:

Cagney and Lacey
Insubordination: Drama series about two New York women police detectives. Cagney is forced to work with a former lover on a narcotics case.

Ballykissangel
As Stars Look Down: More yarns and tall stories from the gentle drama in the small Irish village. Mac is visited by an old friend and former curate, now a high-flying bishop.

Murder, She Wrote
Menace, Anyone?: Murder mystery series. When a tennis star is killed by a bomb planted in his girlfriend's car, all the evidence points towards the girlfriend and her dead sister. [AD,S]

Would it be possible to create a rule that can be used to name the recordings with the episode title?

Cagney and Lacey - Insubordination
Ballykissangel - As Stars Look Down
Murder, She Wrote - Menace, Anyone?

For Ballykissangel from this morning Dedup renames the file to "As Stars Look Down"

How can I then get the file named to either:

yyyy mm dd - Ballykissangel - episode title

or

Ballykissangel - xx/yy - episode title (episode xx of yy) I presume this can't be done with BK as the details are not in the synopsis but could be done with other series.

I currently use sweeper to rename files yyyy mm dd - Title

Dedup isn't configurable as far as I know, it just uses the text in the synopsis up to the colon

The suggestion could be addressed without new sweeper rule types if some extra tokens were added to the existing Sweeper token list:
  • %synopsis - the full synoposis text
  • %epititle - episode title, the part of the synopsis up to the first colon
  • %epidesc - episode description, the part of the synopsis after the first colon

The suggestion could be addressed without new sweeper rule types if some extra tokens were added to the existing Sweeper token list:
  • %epidesc - episode description, the part of the synopsis after the first colon

Sounds good.

Dedup isn't configurable as far as I know, it just uses the text in the synopsis up to the colon
It's a bit cleverer than that but it does try and extract the episode name if at all possible.
I think it needs to try and do the same as dedup or you'll end up with %eptitle being the word 'New' in a lot of cases.

It's a bit cleverer than that but it does try and extract the episode name if at all possible.

I think it needs to try and do the same as dedup or you'll end up with %eptitle being the word 'New' in a lot of cases.

Agreed - I was over simplistic in my description of the tokens needed but the principle remains the same.
Ideally the 'New:' should be lost when parsing for the episode title.

I'm still working on the algorithm but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to determine episode names, series and episode numbers for recordings in the next version. Those could be used in sweeper rules and to provide an improved 'dedup' system. Real example from my test system:

Screenshot%202015-03-08%2022.13.42.png

WOW, to have the shows renamed "Series - SxxExx - Title" is even better.

I really do appreciate the hard work that goes into the custom FW and the community on this forum.

Unfortunately my current situation does not allow me the funds to donate but as soon as my situation changes I will definitely be sending over some cash.

Sorry to bump this thread

I'd love to be able to rename files to "Series - SxxExx - Title" - this would help hugely with sharing my recordings to Kodi instances.

Is this possible yet, or if not is there something I can help with?

Cheers!

Paul

See this thread http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/thetvdb-com-integration.6174/ for more info

Essentially there are problems with matching against the correct series where there have been multiple versions of the same program such as Poldark and/or where there is insufficient unique information in the description to determine the epsidode title.

I don't know whether af123 has had a chance to revisit the issues or has given up on the idea

Sorry to have nagged af123 :)

The reason behind me asking was to allow the Kodi scrapers to grab episode detail from thetvdb. They seem to use SxxExx in their lookups. If this isn't something you'll have time to look at, I'll try creating a new scraper using the time/date from the default Humax filename to lookup - although I'll probably have to hit an EPG service to resolve this into a series/episode identifier first.

Like I said, if I can help with anything let me know.

Back