Sweeper Rules! A Question or two

TimK2015

Hi Folks

I've adapted the rules that remove the 'New' prefix to remove 'The ' from titles and filenames. I'm hoping this is case sensitive so that it doesn't remove one in the middle of a title/filename. The original rules were written to recurse down one level but I only wanted it to work in the current folder. I couldn't see how to do this in the GUI bit of Sweeper so I used the text editor and removed 'recurse 1'. This worked but I wondered if it can be done in the GUI? I did try setting the recurse level to zero but it came back every time as 1 again.

In the title I would like to add the "The" on the end preceded by a comma, i.e. "Railway Children, The". Any hints would be welcome as haven't figured that one yet.

If you kept the rules in the same format with a * at the end of the pattern then it will only match at the start of the field. So if you're looking for something like "The *" then you're fine and it won't match anything in the middle of a string.
At the moment there isn't a way to change a recursive rule to a standard one in the GUI so removing the recurse 1 from the start is fine as a solution. I should change it to allow setting to 0...

To tack on the ", The" just add it to the end of the replacement pattern. Here's an example (I changed the delimiter used for the %regsub action from , to : as that makes it (a bit) easier to follow in my opinion). Hopefully you can see the space between The and * in both cases.

Screenshot%202016-06-24%2020.29.54.png

Back