[Sweeper] Store all episodes in folders of their own respective series.

Dave F.

I wish to store all Midsomer Murders episodes in folders of their own respective series.

This rule achieves it for series 2:

Code:
# Midsomer Murders Series 2
filename {Midsomer Murders} synopsis S2 action {movecreate {Midsomer Murders/Series 2}}

To avoid creating a rule for all 24 series I thought using the %series token would help, but neither of the below work. The synopsis for this series includes series data in this format S,AD] S8 Ep1

Code:
# Midsomer Murders Series
filename {Midsomer Murders} synopsis %series action {movecreate {Midsomer Murders/Series %series}}

Code:
filename {Midsomer Murders} synopsis S%series action {movecreate {Midsomer Murders/Series %series}}

What do I have to amend to achieve my goal?

Strip out the unnecessary qualifier "synopsis S%series"
Code:
filename {Midsomer Murders} action {movecreate {Midsomer Murders/Series %series}}
I've just tried that and it works for me.
Also check that the recursive level parameter isn't set so that it doesn't keep on trying to move the same recording.
For the Films pilot, they it will probably end up in a folder called "Series 0".

For programmes with more than 9 series I'd personally also force the series number in the folder name to also be 2 digits in case any series from 1 to 9 are recorded.
Code:
filename {Midsomer Murders} action {movecreate {Midsomer Murders/Series %format:%02d:%series:}}

but for this programme I think there are only 8 series, not 24
To avoid creating a rule for all 24 series ...

Last edited:
I think there are 24 series so far, so your 2 digit folder name rule will be a good option.

Last edited:
Back