Switching between 2000T and TV

greywizard

Not sure if this is already on forum.
Set up is between HDR-2000T and Sony Bravia 26inch LD26.

HDR-2000T:-
Scart connections – HDMI to Sony is a non-runner.(with either my 9300 or 2000T.
Used purely for recording and playback of 'future programmes'
No Wi-Fi or Ethernet set up, but Content share set to 'Off'.
Software 1.01.06
Loader 1.04
All channels/programmes Strength 70-72% Quality 100%
Single Transmitter (Mendip)17 miles crow fly, next TX is Wenvoe 40 miles.
No 800 or odd channels.
Power Saving to 'Off.
Auto Power Shut Down set to 'Off'

Scenario:-
2000T on standby.
NO recordings or playbacks in progress.
Watching TV channel (via loop-thru)
Switch on 2000T to set or watch recordings. TV picture screen freezes. Banner ( which with my Sony is at top of picture) states 'Selected programmed is not tuned', then screen goes blank. Original TV pictures comes back on for a second , pixelates,then 10 seconds of blank screen. Finally 2000T kicks in.Tried factory reset, no difference.

My old 9300 ,when starting, just shows loader version for a couple of seconds then is ready for use.
I know my Sony is a few years old, I am wondering if it is just incompatiblity.
Any thoughts?

The SCART connection 'pinches' the TV as soon as you switch on your other device then 'gives it back' and it seems like the new box takes quite a bit longer to boot than the 9300 (I've got a 9200 that boots v fast compared with my T2 or my Foxsat)
Can you try a different SCART socket on the TV to se if that one doesn't 'pinch' the TV? My 9200 does similar with my Sony TV. Always had to switch the TV input back to 'TV' to give the 9200 time to boot before manually switching back to the SCAET input.

Thanks Trev. Tried new Scart but to no avail. Have been thinking of changing TV, does problem only apply to Sony?? If so, any suggestions of best tv for Humax?

Power Saving to 'Off.
does problem only apply to Sony?

greywizard, I suspect that your Power Saving option is set to 'On' and not 'Off'.

With the HDR-2000T Power Saving option set to 'On' it is 26 seconds into the boot sequence that my TV realises the SCART has become active and then follows 11 seconds of a black screen before the picture appears. My TV is a Sony KDL-32W705B. Therefore either my TV doesn't take note of a short'pinch' attempt or my HDR-2000T start up is a bit smoother than yours. Regarding the 11 second black screen, that is purly down to the HDR-2000T sending out the request to switch before it is ready to display a picture.

With the Power Saving option set to 'Off' the HDR-2000T 'boot' sequence is all over in 3 or 4 seconds.

With the HDR-2000T Power Saving option set to 'Off' my TV finds that the SCART's switch is active all the time regardless of whether the HDR-2000T is switched on or not, and regardless of whether or not any recordings are taking place or are soon to start. This means that with the 'Off' option the TV will normally only switch to the SCART automatically when the TV itself is bought out of standby.

greywizard, I suspect that your Power Saving option is set to 'On' and not 'Off'.

With the HDR-2000T Power Saving option set to 'On' it is 26 seconds into the boot sequence that my TV realises the SCART has become active and then follows 11 seconds of a black screen before the picture appears. My TV is a Sony KDL-32W705B. Therefore either my TV doesn't take note of a short'pinch' attempt or my HDR-2000T start up is a bit smoother than yours. Regarding the 11 second black screen, that is purly down to the HDR-2000T sending out the request to switch before it is ready to display a picture.

With the Power Saving option set to 'Off' the HDR-2000T 'boot' sequence is all over in 3 or 4 seconds.

With the HDR-2000T Power Saving option set to 'Off' my TV finds that the SCART's switch is active all the time regardless of whether the HDR-2000T is switched on or not, and regardless of whether or not any recordings are taking place or are soon to start. This means that with the 'Off' option the TV will normally only switch to the SCART automatically when the TV itself is bought out of standby.
As mentioned in original post, power saving is off,but might try Geoffers SCART idea.

power saving is off.
That does not tally with your description.
When power saving is off the start up time is just a few seconds. If it any more then you have a faulty HDR-2000T. You either are mistaken or your power options are corrupt or worse.

I have described what happens with my Sony TV and my HDR-2000T to
(1) point out an alternanative
(2) give some background to why when you have your power option set as it is then no matter which TV you have connected that the delay followed by a black screen is due to the HDR-2000T.
(3) indicate that I use a modern Sony TV with a HDR-2000T. Obviously I only got out the scart cable to make sure that I kew what it did in the context of your query as it is usally connected by an HDMI cable which I find preferable.

I'd forgotten about that.:(

Sat Jan 10th. 2000T seems to be working ok now on Scart but with delayed start. Tried HDMI and managed to get vision but no sound.
Then tried different HDMI cables and instead of my Sony Bravia tried my 19inch Samsung. Managed same outcome ( but very garish colours). Did factory
reset, still seemed the same. Already had update loaded.So went to PC/Currys, spoke to duty manager. He said bring it back and will try on one of their sets. If still no good would exchange or let me buy something different However when I came home, and it maybe co-incidental and a 'brickish' thing to do but I plugged in the USB on which the update was loaded. It sat there for a while, not seeming to do anything ( no progress bar on screen) and so pulled it out. At the moment the sound is there on HDMI.
2000T is now on standby and TV off for a few hours. It will be interesting to see what happens when I restart things. I think the machine knew I had been to Currys and didn't want to go back!!!!!!

Well, that didnt last long! HDMI sound was working good until this evening. Used same seqeunce as norm- 2000T already on standby, TV in normal use. Switched Hummy on to watch a recording. It went thru its usual 'switching' set up. Picture appeared, no sound! So unplugged from mains,waited 10-15 seconds and then plugged in again. Yep, back to normal HDMI picture AND sound. I give up!!!!

People might disagree, but I see no discernible difference between HDMI & scart, so have not bothered with using my HDMI connection, so maybe try that instead

In fact sound level over HDMI seemed lower, so scart is better for me.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

My supported user has a 32" Samsung TV and can't see the difference between StDef and HiDef. Are your eyes OK?

As far as the sound level is concerned, it's all about getting the right balance between the Humax output volume and the TV volume setting. The best sound quality will be achieved by having the Humax volume set to maximum and then adjusting the TV volume to suit, but it is equally valid to adjust the Humax volume so there is little or no difference in sound level between viewing the Humax output and viewing from the TV's internal tuner.

Some people cannot see the difference, I assume their eyes are a bit dodgy but at 32" it's less obvious and I have noticed that modern SD is now very good

Last edited:
I have no difficulty detecting the extra clarity of HiDef on the 32" Samsung, I mentioned it because Madam tends not to wear her glasses! Of course, the source material must also be adequate.

Back