Switching TV to Scart i/f when in Standby

Plisgyn

My HDR-FOX T2 intermittently switches the TV to the Scart I/F when in Standby ( Note - its still stays in Standby it doesn't power up). This usually happens at 18-40 or 19-10 and I have only noticed this happening since the OTA 1.03.12 firmware upgrade. Any ideas what to look for that might cause this would be gratefully received as my partner is gets very annoyed with this?

The unit is switching out of standby into either 'real' awake or a midway state called half awake, the unit can switch the SCART output when recording from standby, do you record anything at these times

My HDR-FOX T2 intermittently switches the TV to the Scart I/F when in Standby ( Note - its still stays in Standby it doesn't power up). This usually happens at 18-40 or 19-10 and I have only noticed this happening since the OTA 1.03.12 firmware upgrade. Any ideas what to look for that might cause this would be gratefully received as my partner is gets very annoyed with this?
Does this mean you are using SCART rather than HDMI?

And if you are using Scart, it may be worth checking the TV settings for the Scart as often there is an option to turn off the auto switch function.
It would mean that you would always have to tell the TV to switch to Scart manually when you wanted to watch the hummy.
Still we can't have it all ways.
I would suggest that you connect via HDMI anyway (assuming you have a socket on the TV). You should get a significantly better picture.

Ezra nothing is being recorded at these times, Black Hole I use Scart as when using HDMI I was getting intermittent lockups when changing channels i.e picture locked and unable to change channel but anything that was being recorded was o/k, this problem has never shown up on Scart. I might HMDI again as I have not tried it since the 1.03.12 firmware upgrade.

If you don't want to use HDMI (which is the best quality, and you won't get the benefit of the HiDef services without it), if the TV has phono inputs (three, usually yellow red and white) you can connect the Humax to those - they would not auto-switch. The best analogue connection is RGB though, which is what you should have the Humax SCART output set to of the TV supports it - to get RGB out of the Humax into phono sockets on the TV (five: RGB video plus stereo audio) requires an adapter from the SCART cable.

Your HDMI lock-ups are an interaction between the TV and the Humax. You could try looking for a CEC option in the TV settings and turning it off.

Back