Synopsis Title

It has been quite a while since any updates have been made to the webif, so I thought I would ask if there are any new updates in the pipeline ?

My main reason for this post is a feature request, can we have the rename feature of +opt in the file browser to be able to edit the synopsis title as well as the synopsis text, if I record a programme by using the record button after rewinding a live programme to extract it from the buffer and place it on the HDD as a programme file, the synopsis title and text are from a different programme, at present we cannot edit the synopsis title, only the synopsis text, guide and genre type.

Not sure what you mean, as all fields are editable
Apart from the synopsis title. Try it changing it and then use the info button to check if has become the title you attempted to change it to.
There was a mention that this was trickier than the other fields and it would not be trivial to implement.

I still don't know what is being referred to as the synopsis title, is it different to the Medialist Title?

The new synopsis box cannot be empty. If you delete all the text and update it does not get deleted. If you delete all text and input a single character, then update this is saved.

I still don't know what is being referred to as the synopsis title, is it different to the Medialist Title?
It's the title that is shown with the synopsis. Normally the media list will show the same title as the info bar would do right at the start of playback. So its not quite the same.

This has been raised before in another thread but didn't get any replies about the actual topic.
http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/web-if-rename-function.3693/

(I can't find the thread with the comment about the synopsis title being difficult to change to a value other than the initial title after a rename.)

Yes Brian, it is different from the Medialist Title, Luke got it right.

The only way I can edit the synopsis title is to use a hex editor on the hmt file.

It's the title that is shown with the synopsis. Normally the media list will show the same title as the info bar would do right at the start of playback. So its not quite the same.

This has been raised before in another thread but didn't get any replies about the actual topic.
http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/web-if-rename-function.3693/

(I can't find the thread with the comment about the synopsis title being difficult to change to a value other than the initial title after a rename.)

I don't think this answers the question :) , but anyway, on the occasions where a file merits the fuss, my somewhat inept workaround for fixing up cropped files to have all the correct data, is to cut a two minute section from the main body of the programme, at a point where all the details are correct (or from the follow-on programme) Then use the nicesplice magic folders 'join' function to stick it on the beginning of the file. Then I re-crop, saving only the part I want to keep. Somehow the corrected details stay on the file.

Yes that makes sense. I can understand that as what is used on the first rename for the synopsis title is the very first synopsis title in the stream.

I don't think this answers the question :)
No it dosen't. I'm just pointing out that Rename not being able to change the SYnopsis title has been raised before and providing an example. I still can not find the thread which had a brief descsussion on this though.

I'm still unclear what is meant by "synopsis title". Do you mean the title as it appears in the information panel when you press "i" on a recording (service / title / date and time / genre / synopsis)? Is that different from the media list title then??

I'm still unclear what is meant by "synopsis title". Do you mean the title as it appears in the information panel when you press "i" on a recording (service / title / date and time / genre / synopsis)? Is that different from the media list title then??
I have been wondering the same, perhaps someone could post a screen shot or photo to clarify the situation.

Once we know what it is, I'm sure I can update the web interface to resolve it.
There are several places in the HMT file for media information. The main information (which is in a fixed location) is shown when you press (i) when browsing recordings but the EPG information is also saved in a dynamic section and that is what is displayed when pressing (i) during playback - there can be several EPG blocks to cover recordings that span different programmes.

This should clear it up, the first image is the medialist title, the second image is when you press the i button for the synopsis info.
This panel shows the sysnopsis title Blackadder II just under the channel info, that is the one we can't edit currently.

Attachments

• Medialist.jpg
    Medialist.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Synopsis.jpg
    Synopsis.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 32
Right. So it's not a "synopsis title" then, but the programme title that appears in the i-panel with the synopsis, genre, etc. Perhaps we can call it the i-title?

I don't think "we" knew it was different from the media list title. Can you show us screen shots of a media list and an i-panel where they are different (your screenshots above are the same)?

Right. So it's not a "synopsis title" then, but the programme title that appears in the i-panel with the synopsis, genre, etc. Perhaps we can call it the i-title?

I don't think "we" knew it was different from the media list title. Can you show us screen shots of a media list and an i-panel where they are different (your screenshots above are the same)?

That is correct, sorry if I confused everybody using 'Synopsis Title', it is not different from the programme title, it is always the same, my point is we cannot edit that particilar title in the i-panel from the webIf interface, we can edit everything else.

But you can edit the programme title... doesn't the i-title keep in sync? If it does it is always the same so you seem to be wanting a different title in the i-panel (why?), and if it doesn't then it is not always the same.

OK, I just tried it for myself and the complaint is that updating the media list title does not update the title that appears in the i-panel.

I have tried changing a programmes Medialist Title with the webif Rename feature, this has changed it in the Humax native Media list. The original title still appears when pressing i whilst in the Media list, and also when pressing i whilst watching the programme. I'm not sure whether a reboot will change anything, I will try soon when a recording has finished.

Edit: A reboot does not change it, wherever the i button is pressed, the original title is shown.

But you can edit the programme title... doesn't the i-title keep in sync? If it does it is always the same so you seem to be wanting a different title in the i-panel (why?), and if it doesn't then it is not always the same.

OK, I just tried it for myself and the complaint is that updating the media list title does not update the title that appears in the i-panel.

Now we are on the same page, you can now see my reasons for wanting this feature, please af123 can you do this ... please ?

Back