Sysmon "loading" forever

It's beyond me too. You may remember I complained about it being missing from the obvious location after an 'upgrade' but nobody seemed that interested in doing anything about it.
Only Xenforo could do something about it, I doubt it's a configurable item.

How do you write a literal square bracket anyway, without it being interpreted? I struggled with [ code ] above.
Enclose it in "plain" tags thus: [plain][code]..[/code][/plain].

(Ha! The visible [/plain] above is actually outside the close-plain-tag tag, because the inner one is closing the plain section!! That's one up to me.)

Last edited:
A similar but not identical thing happened on my aunt's HDR Fox T2. Sysmon just produced no results on screen. Logging in and running temp.jim produced output but it contained no data, it looked like the database was empty. I deleted monitor.db to get it working again.

Posting diagnostic results and the contents of files is difficult. I'm doing all of this over 3G on my iPad with it creating a wifi hotspot for my aunt's HDR Fox T2 to use on one of the Edimax high gain antenna dongles. I can telnet into her box via the Mocha Telnet app, but transferring files and attaching them to forum postings is probably impossible give Apple prevent any app seeing any other app's files.

Feature request:-
Is it possible for Sysmon to detect when it's monitor.db file gets corrupted or is no longer updating as expected - and then automatically delete it.
Or could a Diagnostic package be written that performs the deletion at user request.
Not being a regular Telnet/Linux user, locating the offending file and deleting it, without doing any other damage, was a challenge.
Regards, Mike.

And smartphone or tablet users may not have any way of telneting in at all. Plus a diagnostic to do this could keep a backup copy, or even offer a web link to download the file.

PS. If you need telnet or SSH on iOS I strongly recommend Mocha Telnet. The free version was so good I upgraded to the paid one to get some extra features.

Mocha Telnet is good on android too. I even use it for fix-disk runs. No PC required.

How do you get into Maintenance Mode with wifi on the HDR Fox T2? That's always been my problem with Mocha Telnet for fix-disk on my Aunt's box. Fortunately the Humax UI short disc test and the SMART diagnostics have never shown any disc errors on her box.

It is a bit capricious. I did not get it to work at first, and just assumed it didn't, but prpr reported that it does and indicated that you need to have the extra wireless packages installed. I have the following packages installed: wireless-helper, wireless-tools and wpa-supplicant, but still found it a bit hit and miss with an automatic IP address: setting a fixed IP address for the wireless connection makes it work much more reproducibly, in my experience. At the android tablet end, fix-disk works fine with Mocha Telnet as long as you stop the tablet from sleeping. I set the display/ sleep option to maximum (30 minutes) and turn the screen brightness down to save the battery. I then check on progress before the 30 minute period is up to make sure it stays awake. Usually the process takes less than an hour, so it is not a problem.

Back