Sysmon

BMAX

Is any one having problems with Sysmon? Both my machines have stopped monitoring HDD temperature etc, one since 16/1 and the other since 21/1.

Two of my three machines are running Sysmon fine, the third has had trouble with it for a long time (and I've never bothered to track down why).

That didn't fix mine.

Code:
HDRFOX4#cd /mod/monitor && mv monitor.db temp.db && sqlite3 temp.db ".clone monitor.db" && rm temp.db                
smart... done                                                                                                        
temp... done                                                                                                          
vmstat... done                                                                                                        
net... done                                                                                                          
state... done                                                                                                        
sqlite_autoindex_state_1... done                                                                                      
HDRFOX4#

Any suggestions what to look at?

Thanks prpr, this seems to have fixed both mine.

Code:
cd /mod/monitor && mv monitor.db temp.db && sqlite3 temp.db ".clone monitor.db" && rm temp.db

Last edited:
If you want to send me your .db I can try it. Or you could try it yourself on one of your other machines. Or try the .db from one of your other machines on the problem one. Fault-finding by substitution can be quite effective, if you have more than one to play with of course.

Copying another monitor.db into HDR4 has produced a graph. The original monitor.db (after processing as above) is small by comparison (76KB v. 437KB).

Renamed monitor.txt and attached

Attachments

• monitor.txt
    76 KB · Views: 2
Deleting monitor.db seems to have fixed it, but the graphs show some weird results on the different timescales in as much as the data only starts at about 20:10!

The original monitor.db (after processing as above) is small by comparison (76KB v. 437KB).
There is only a few hours' worth of data, but it graphs for me except on 2 hours, 6 months and 1 year scales.
Deleting monitor.db seems to have fixed it, but the graphs show some weird results on the different timescales in as much as the data only starts at about 20:10!
Is this a surprise???

There is only a few hours' worth of data, but it graphs for me except on 2 hours, 6 months and 1 year scales.
Curious. It wouldn't present for me on any scale that I tried (I find it hard to believe I only tried 2h, 6m, 1y). In any case, why should it refuse to plot at those scales?

Seems to be working now, so I guess it's just one of those things.

Is this a surprise???
It is a surprise - the visualisation routines are not presenting it properly. When the available data does not go back as far as the requested timescale, the x axis is only labelled as far as the data goes... but the plot should then be the same for all timescales longer than that - and it isn't. This is most obvious for the CPU utilisation and network activity (which have nice spikey plots).

Thinking further, this may be a Nyquist problem.

My main Humax HDR Fox-T2 crashed earlier this afternoon, however, previous I wanted to keep an eye on the HDD temperature as I have been doing extensive FTP transfers in both directions for most of the day, so a lot of disk bashing, loading the [ SysMon ] showed a continually spinning catherine wheel, and no historic chart of temperature, did the usual searching and found some suggestions to delete various .db files, made no difference

As my Humax had crashed, it is now my policy to run [ Maintenance Mode ] > [ fixdisk ] option whenever a crash occurs, (it usually takes about an hour and forty minutes on my system, with my file count and disk size), I then found in the report the following line, amongst a load of other entries

Entry 'monitor.db-journal' in /mod/monitor (16049110) has deleted/unused inode 22405123. Clear? yes

The ' Clear? yes ' is automatically actioned with options entered at time of running [ fixdisk ]

The Humax was restarted, then reboot again, the [ SysMon ] temperature history is now visible again

Hope this helps others

Back