t2 green screen

As Black Hole said, there is no problem, once it had been established that you were referring to the HDR-FOX T2, I moved your thread to the correct forum so as not to cause any further confusion.:)

ok m8 thanx, i must confess
tobeing new to any forum, so soz if i caused problems

On my Toshiba TV this is an HDMI handshake problem. Turning the TV off at the wall (not just remote) for about 30 seconds usually sorts it. If not, try turning both the TV and Humax off at the wall for a bit and then restart, this has worked for me.

Good luck

I've had a green screen once ot twice on my HD-Fox feeding my Technika TV via a TVonics HDR acting as a HDMI switch. Had to switch off all devices before the picture came back.

Has your TV more than one HDMI socket, that you could try?

Have you tried a Default Reset? [Grasping at straws here.]

If your unit still works with a scart is it not worth keeping just for the extra freeview functions it has?

Martin

sorry for delay martin, i been enjoying myself in the asda.tried it in different hdmi,new cable,dont know where reset is yet,and its useless to me as i dont have a telly with a scart

I believe he means "reset to factory default", which is Menu >> Settings >> Installation (default password is "0000") >> Factory Default.

thanx for that m8 i have just borrowed a scart female to the com port on the sammy, so now i can connect both together, i will try tomoz . i just googled humax hdr-fox t2 green screens, theres hundreds of people got em , i think humax know that they got a big problem, otherwise how would they have so many "grade a refurbished boxes" for sale

A lot of the green screen issues are simply HDMI "standards" incompatibility - there is no single interpretation of what HDMI means, and it is not all that uncommon (but decreasingly so) for the two ends to refuse to talk. Humax is not to blame for that.

Your problem is different - it was working, but has ceased to do so. It could be the new firmware - you might try reverting to 1.02.20 - but more likely it is indeed a hardware failure.

thanx boys! i hard reset the box, and as one of you suggested i put 1.02.20 and it works again! question is was it new software that caused failure, just for interest what benefit is new software? and dare i try it again.

Back