• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

T2 HDR Freeveiw 5.1?

5.1 sound
I have been trying out the digi sound out via optical cable to my ancient Sherwood receiver
the Humy box is set to multi channnel sound but when I select dolby digital, the sound seems only stereo (no middle or rear channel. non digital pro logic seems ok
am I missing something ?
thanks in advance for any tips

5.1 sound
I have been trying out the digi sound out via optical cable to my ancient Sherwood receiver
the Humy box is set to multi channnel sound but when I select dolby digital, the sound seems only stereo (no middle or rear channel. non digital pro logic seems ok
am I missing something ?
thanks in advance for any tips

Not all programmes are 5.1 many(most) are aac 2.0 (Stereo). The box converts aac to DD for you. Record some of the BBC-HD preview loop which is all 5.1. There's a testcard with a 5.1 channel check built in.

OP
OP
B
Ok ta ,As the telly is offset from the speakers, it sounds odd in stereo (without the centre speaker)
I'll have an other experiment this evening