T2 recordings and VideoRedo

• Thread starter Deleted member 473
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 473

I have been transferring recordings to edit with VideoRedo for a few months but now, when I try to open any TSs in VRD I get an error message. The error says that the files are lacking something or other. None of my other players will play them either. Is anyone else experiencing this?

"No PMT (Map Tables) found in this Transport Screen"

I have the option to ignore transport screen maps ticked.

Can we presume you have taken appropriate steps to ensure the .ts files you are operating on have been decrypted?

Can we presume you have taken appropriate steps to ensure the .ts files you are operating on have been decrypted?

Ah, well I haven't needed to do anything in the past. Has something changed? They are non-HD files.

PS Thanks for replying!

Ah, well I haven't needed to do anything in the past. Has something changed? They are non-HD files.

PS Thanks for replying!

If you haven't needed to do anything in the past, I guess you must have copied files to an external Hard Disk Drive first, This does the decryption of SD files

Ah, well I haven't needed to do anything in the past.
Ask yourself whether you are doing anything differently now. If, for example, you were transferring files by copying to USB but now are using FTP you have your answer - no decryption step. StDef recordings are stored in an encrypted form internally, and get decrypted when copied to USB. Check out the Trail Guide.

Ask yourself whether you are doing anything differently now. If, for example, you were transferring files by copying to USB but now are using FTP you have your answer - no decryption step. StDef recordings are stored in an encrypted form internally, and get decrypted when copied to USB. Check out the Trail Guide.

I was copying them via FTP before, and now, so that is strange!

I will try a USB drive instead, but FTP is so much quicker and more handy. I use it all the time on my Foxsat HDR.

Without a decryption step any files copied by FTP would have been encrypted and useless.

Without a decryption step any files copied by FTP would have been encrypted and useless.

That is what I can't understand! Mind you I have had to get the machine replaced as it was faulty, and this is the first time I have FTPed from the replacement one. Really weird! There was something odd about the old one, as it stopped working and on returning for a replacement the retailer said it was a Humax Direct one which they had not sold me! After some argument(!) they contacted Humax who authorized this replacement.

So, the FTP server on the T2 is pretty useless, then? You can't FTP files off it to edit them?

NEW READERS START HERE (click) tells you everything you need to know, but to summarise:

The standard FTP server provides access to the internal and external drives, but recordings on the internal drive are only useful to archive recordings and then return them TO THE SAME DEVICE because the encryption is locked to your particular box. StDef recordings are decrypted if you copy them to a USB drive and then walk them or FTP to your PC, HiDef recordings can be decrypted if you unlock them first (for which you have to FTP the .hmt file to PC and run Foxy on it, then FTP it back) but note that you are limited to 4GB max with a FAT32 drive and the Humax won't write to a NTFS drive.

You can use streaming to send StDef recordings DECRYPTED across the network and save to PC, using instructions HERE (click).

Your options become much wider if you install the custom software. You will be able to unlock HiDef recordings automatically, download decrypted StDef or HiDef recordings directly through the web interface, edit recordings directly on the Humax, decrypt files on the drive, control your recording schedule away from home (via Internet)... the list is almost endless.

Updated for accuracy

NEW READERS START HERE (click) tells you everything you need to know, but to summarise:

The standard FTP server provides access ONLY to the internal drive, and is ONLY useful to archive recordings and then return them TO THE SAME DEVICE because the encryption is locked to your particular box. StDef recordings are decrypted if you copy them to a USB drive and then walk them to your PC, HiDef recordings can be decrypted if you unlock them first (for which you have to FTP the .hmt file to PC and run Foxy on it, then FTP it back) but note that you are limited to 4GB max with a FAT32 drive and the Humax won't write to a NTFS drive.

You can use streaming to send StDef recordings DECRYPTED across the network and save to PC, using instructions HERE (click).

Your options become much wider if you install the custom software. You will be able to unlock HiDef recordings automatically, download decrypted StDef or HiDef recordings directly through the web interface, edit recordings directly on the Humax, decrypt files on the drive, control your recording schedule away from home (via Internet)... the list is almost endless.
Thanks for all that! I have the custom firmware on the T2 already. I will try transfering via the web interface then. I prefer FTP because I can resume files but I will try via the raydon firmware.

As you posted in the basic HDR-FOX section of the forum, I presumed the custom software was not part of the equation. You can stick with your preferred FTP if you run auto-unprotect and decrypt-in-place to convert your files to decrypted in the background. The standard FTP service will then make them available.

I will try via the raydon firmware.

As far as I know Raydon provided the original inspiration with Foxy. The custom firmware and most of the software is down to af123.

As you posted in the basic HDR-FOX section of the forum, I presumed the custom software was not part of the equation. You can stick with your preferred FTP if you run auto-unprotect and decrypt-in-place to convert your files to decrypted in the background. The standard FTP service will then make them available.

As far as I know Raydon provided the original inspiration with Foxy. The custom firmware and most of the software is down to af123.
I have tried the decrypt option and it worked fine. I have auto-unprotect running but I guess that doesn't do what I wanted. I have now downloaded and installed unencrypt---will that automate the process of decrypting?

auto-unprotect unlocks HiDef recordings so they can be treated the same as StDef. StDef and HiDef recordings are then still encrypted, but not locked. unencrypt beavers away in the background and converts the files to unencrypted. Check out the Wiki for details.

The standard FTP server provides access ONLY to the internal drive

This is incorrect, an external USB Hard disk drive is viewable from the standard FTP server of the HDR-Fox T2, You will get a list of My Video, My Music, My Photo and drive1, Drive1 will be the external USB HDD. SD files FTP'ed from this drive1 will be decrypted

auto-unprotect unlocks HiDef recordings so they can be treated the same as StDef. StDef and HiDef recordings are then still encrypted, but not locked. unencrypt beavers away in the background and converts the files to unencrypted. Check out the Wiki for details.

I have unencrypt on there but nothing has been decrypted yet. ?

Is auto-unprotect running and media sharing enabled (as per the Wiki)? You have to give it some time.

Back