T2 seems stuck

Ok. It now has an operating system FHTCP 1.01.09, loader version a7.30 80 BC.7E00. There is a big dominant sigb that says "The HDD storage must be formatted to use recording functions. Press OK to go to data storage menu." That eventually revealsa large page of a diagram, with a pie chart in the middle that says 0% available, I thing it says that elsewhere on the screen.
I have tried to record something by pressing the red button, and I get a white do not enter in the top right hand corner. I should say that the Installtion and Edit channels title is ungreyed now.
I should say that I am close to abandoning this as a viable project. Most of the advice that I have received here has been helpful, kind and appropriate, I should say though that, as a retired nurse, at seventy, I do not wear well being patronised. I struggled to download anything at all from the Wiki page, and Luke's clear download tab worked much better. I am not a computer expert, but I am not daft, and welcome any clear paths to sorting this wretched machine out.

I feel you. They don't know they are doing it( I hope). However, they DO KNOW stuff about the machine. From my limited experience, it sounds like the disk may be busted. Installing the "customised software" is as difficult as this: download file, unzip onto a usb stick, plug it in the humax, restart the box. I don't know if that can be done now on your machine, Someone might chip in.

Now that the simplest solution has been shown not to work for you, the appropriate next step is to install the custom firmware as suggested by PRPR earlier in post #9.
I struggled to download anything at all from the Wiki page
There is currently an issue with the normal download wiki page and there is a temporary substitute page with most of the main desirables available through it.
The temporary download page is
https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads2
Once downloaded via your PC there is a liknk at the very end of that page with how to install it on to your HDR-FOX T2.

The download that will suit you best is highly likely to be the very first one on that page
I.e.
1645451236370.png

it sounds like the disk may be busted.
As suggested by Black Hole it may have gone into "Read Only" mode, and the solution for that starts with installing the custom firmware.

Last edited:
That's the one I linked to in post 10, and is also linked in the instructions for recovering the HDD (same post).

as a retired nurse, at seventy, I do not wear well being patronised.
Bearing in mind we have no idea of the capabilities of any particular new poster, what might seem patronising to you could very well be essential guidance to another, so you're not going to impress anyone by getting snippy. Whether you want to abandon the project is entirely up to you, but you came asking for advice and we are spending our free time trying to give it.

Luke's "solution" didn't work for you, and frankly I never expected it would (all it has achieved is to waste your time and patience). Quick Guide to Disk Recovery (click) was always your best bet, and is now your only bet (unless you would prefer to take the disk out and hook it up to a Linux PC). If you're having trouble downloading from the wiki page, you should explain exactly what in case there is something which needs to be fixed. The appropriate download link is illustrated in post 24, from the wiki page linked in post 24 (and also in the Quick Guide referenced before).

Update: on review it turns out the Quick Guide linked to the wrong (outdated, broken) download page. This is now fixed, and apologies for any inconvenience.

Last edited:
Well, Black Hole, I thank you. The file that you recommended, duly rectiified, has done the trick. It did an HDD test, said all was well, formatted it, and I have succesfully taped something from the TV.
But, really? Snippy? I am in your house, having been invited in, and the relationship would work a lot more easily if you were a bit more respectful. Moderators please note.

the relationship would work a lot more easily if you were a bit more respectful.
BH has upset a lot of people over the years with his style. He's hummy.tv's very own Professor T.
He won't change, so I'm afraid it's a case of living with it to get useful info ... or not.

Back