Tablet Playback from humax box possible?

Slade2

Hi I recently purchased a cheap tablet and was wondering if its possible to get it to play files from the humax. I can get the tablet connected to my local network and it will stream files from the PC without any issue and the PC can also see the humax on the network and play files via the custom interface. I was just wondering if there is anyway I can get it to play files straight from the humax. Since I got it mainily to keep the kids happy and that is where most of there stuff they will want to watch is stored. Any one have any ideas?

Depends what the tablet is. .I'm guessing Android, so do a quick search on here for Android apps. Whether the tablet has enough CPU power to play back the files nicely is another matter :)

yeah, sd only. Haven't used it for ages but what if you strip off the protection with foxy ? Can't try at the moment, my son's pinched my wifi dongle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foxy doesn't make HiDef recordings streamable, only copyable - but you could copy them to a USB drive and then stream them from there. I think.

Well this tablet I pick up was a cheap one from amazon was only £90 and so far I`m really impressed with it I`m sure my little girl will love it. Skifta works really well so will stick with that for a bit and its a load of my brain for today thanks for the help guys.

yeah, sd only. Haven't used it for ages but what if you strip off the protection with foxy ? Can't try at the moment, my son's pinched my wifi dongle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you put the decrypted file back on the hard disc then can't see why not. Doesn't the custom firmware let you decrypt content in situ automatically using a virtual usb drive ?

Yes of course, just tried it and it didn't work. I can confirm skifta and mx player works well on my little 7" Aionol Aurora II( great tablet for less than £100). Just watched an episode of Lilyhammer. Have a go later at loading an unprotected HD file onto usb stick, see if that works. Bored today. nothing to do !!!!!!!

If you put the decrypted file back on the hard disc then can't see why not. Doesn't the custom firmware let you decrypt content in situ automatically using a virtual usb drive ?

Yes of course, and no need for a virtual drive either, but I thought we were talking non-mod (my bad, but this is the non-mod area after all) and I doubt a cheap tablet would have the grunt needed for HiDef playback.

Yes of course, and no need for a virtual drive either, but I thought we were talking non-mod (my bad, but this is the non-mod area after all) and I doubt a cheap tablet would have the grunt needed for HiDef playback.

Not suggesting the OP has the CF but rather pointing out that if he can in fact stream unencrypted HD installing it seems to be a no brainer :)

Black Hole, My little tablet is a dual core running at 1.5ghz , plays all sorts. I put a full hd movie on it the other day just to see if it would play and it did. It also has perfect HDMI 1080p socket . 100 quid !!!!!!!:) It surprised me only bought it to store pdf files for work

Back