! Terrestrial Antenna Is Short Circuited.

Getting back to this problem but have now found that intermittently the 5V RF feed will switch back on completely on its own this happens both on the HDR downstairs and the HD upstairs any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Are these connected to the same aerial with a DC path between HD and HDR? Is the antenna power really turning on both (just asking)?

Are these connected to the same aerial with a DC path between HD and HDR? Is the antenna power really turning on both (just asking)?
Both are switching 5v back on at reboot and causing picture breakup on HDR, I also have a breakup problem on HD but I think it's unrelated as it still does when 5v turned off. Both hd/hdr are connected to a mains powered loft aerial amp.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Both are switching 5v back on at reboot
This very much sounds like you have the boot-settings package installed, and the settings for that package (WebIF >> Settings >> Settings for boot-settings package) are configured to turn on antenna power. If you have boot-settings configured to turn antenna power off, try doing the opposite - maybe there's a bug in the feature, and it has had too few users to find the bug (update: I just tried that - boot-settings = aerial power off, set 5V Antenna Power on manually, reboot, antenna power is now off).

If not, there is something very weird going on which I would not expect to be replicated across two units if it was random. Try the DC blocker mentioned in post 21.

Last edited:
Maybe you already have it set in there, and that's what's turning it on!
Thanks BH checked both units found the Boot Settings Aerial Power was ON on both units have now set to off and the HDR now does not have picture Brakeup when switched on, unfortunitley the power is defaulting to off on the HD unit but still has picture Brakeup for approx 10/15 mins on HD TV and for 4/5 mins on NON HD.

Back