That nag re-tune screen again.

HHGTTG

I turned on my TV and Humax today and got that 'you need to retune' screen again, on the Humax - having done a retune last month when there were major changes. I of course did the retune at that time and since then everything has been OK and it is only today that the nag retune screen appeared again

Last time it moved some channels around (news to the 130s etc.) but left placeholders in the old positions to explain what had happened. This tune will remove those placeholders.

I *think* I may have been a victim of this just now.

I left the room with the PVR and TV on and a few minutes later noticed that all had gone quiet. When I returned to the room the box was in the midst of a re-tune.

Seriously annoying. The only good thing is that I have the customised firmware loaded and so the scheduled recordings are backed up and can be re-loaded. Except my network is currently down.

Thanks. Turns out all three boxes had automagically re-tuned!

Disable-DSO is now installed on all three.

I think I've just been victim to this auto tuning too. Everything was fine this morning and this afternoon my wife's lost Bake Off. So
All recording schedules have gone, so did our custom epg list. At first I thought our box was faulty, now, thanks to yourselves, I understand.
Is there any simple way that I can turn this auto-retune off?
And what is the disable DSO?

Black Hole. Thanks for you're exhaustive details on the links. I've just read further now (I only got as far as the first link and went with that earlier as it mentioned retune, now I've read further.)
I'm now in a bit of a quandary. Firstly I don't want this to happen again, however secondly, installing a package sounds rather complex to me. How easy is it to do? And will it get overwritten by any firmware updates?
I'm sure the details are here somewhere already, so I'm just asking if I can be pointed in the correct direction (plus I'll keep searching in the meantime)
Thanks

Luckily I spotted it doing this or else tonights recordings would have been missed.
Quite a new owner so didn't realised it retuned by itself.

Back