The ability to transfer single events into a specified folder

rg001c7345

I would find the ability to transfer single events into a specified folder really useful. The option is there but it doesn't seem to work. Is this something that could be made possible in the future please?

Thanks in advance,

Rg.

The sweeper package works well but requires manual configuration at present. I was intending to produce a web interface for configuration prior to releasing but I can publish it in the current form until I work out how to get more days in each week!

I'll dust it off tonight and put it into the repository and post a new thread for it.

I have been test-driving it, and apart from a few initial hiccups it's been working fine. I'm afraid users will just have to edit up their own config files from specification for the time being - we could provide a default config which provides a "standard" behaviour (all feral recordings sent to an [unclassified] folder).

I just meant the option in the Web interface to change folder for each scheduled item. The option is also visible on single events too if I recall.
The rename (File) and rename (Folder) options have different functions in Web-If >> Browse Media files, Notes HERE

I just meant the option in the Web interface to change folder for each scheduled item. The option is also visible on single events too if I recall.
It might be visible, but it won't work. The Humax recording process will not pick up a destination folder for non-series recordings.

If you mean the Change Folder line in the More pop-out (Delete, Enable/DisableAR, Change Folder) then yes it always shows, but is greyed out for non-series events. Until a few months ago it was selectable all the time but entering a new name had no effect (as expected) and this was pointed up as a 'bug'. The next version disabled it & greyed it out for one off recordings. If you had/have an older CF you might have seen this.

There is a logic to this as the CF sits on/beside the Humax system. The Humax system creates a folder for series recordings and the CF just (not to say it was simple for af and others to code this) changes the name. OTOH the Humax system doesn't create a folder for a single recording, so it becomes a much bigger task to redirect the recording. (I think this is right; someone correct me if it isn't.)

If you mean the Change Folder line in the More pop-out (Delete, Enable/DisableAR, Change Folder) then yes it always shows, but is greyed out for non-series events. Until a few months ago it was selectable all the time but entering a new name had no effect (as expected) and this was pointed up as a 'bug'. The next version disabled it & greyed it out for one off recordings.

You're quite right, it's greyed out now - I hadn't noticed that.

Thanks,

Rg.

Back