The automated buffer does not record

mihaid

I noticed a few times now on turning on the t2 that the buffer does not work, no pause rewind possible.

Is there a log to watch now while it's happening?

update:

it is possible my telnet got disconnected by the 15.15 scheduled turnoff in schedule?

How long has it been stuck for? Apparently it sometimes takes hours on a disk that has lots of errors.

No, not if the machine has been to sleep. Just run it again. If there's nothing to do, it won't do anything. You may wish to add the -P option when prompted to skip the SMART check.

Mis-remembering. The fixdisk logs get put in /mnt/hd3, so you can browse with the WebIf's file editor.
Yeah, I had found it but it doesn't give time details.

I found also that it is logged in the disk smart log and that does have the time of today and lists it as successful.

Probably the 15.15 turn off only cut my telnet session off but the machine carried on with fixdisk

I'm not clear whether the timers work when the machine is booted into maintenance mode. Anybody confirm?

Er, no. Off is off.
well, that's not what I saw.

when it rebooted in maintenance mode it had a still bbc1 picture the sound was working and that stayed the same all throughout fixdisk. that's why I assumed.

Back