The end of analogue phone lines, how do I switch my aunt?

I think you all need to be more pro-active and rattle BT's cage. You know the end is coming, you've had the comms.
Now I know about EVAC, I've discussed it with my parents and aunt and we have decided that is the best option for her. My dad's broadband goes down every few months, that's not acceptable for my aunt's phone. The flashing lights of the broadband router near the TV (there's nowhere else for it) mean the router would have to be put in a box, which might cause overheating. Getting my aunt to power cycle the router when it gets confused (that happens to mine once or twice a year) will be a complete pain too.

I know this from the difficulty of remotely supporting her use of the HDR Fox T2, I get phone calls about the TV not working where after some diagnosis the issue is she's accidentally changed HDMI input on the TV but she's not capable of working that out herself.
 
Now I know about EVAC, I've discussed it with my parents and aunt and we have decided that is the best option for her.
Well as long as you know it's not a long-term solution, and you/she are going to have to have it done at some point, I guess it'll work. Or are you expecting her to cark it before then?
The flashing lights of the broadband router near the TV...
Getting my aunt to power cycle the router when it gets confused...
You need a better router then, where you can control things. Things got easier with the inter-site VPN after replacing the unreliable Netgear $h1t with stuff that worked, and didn't crash and need power-cycling, which the former always did. That then enabled realistic remote management of the HDR Fox T2, so the only thing left was the TV which I couldn't control or monitor and life got (a bit) simpler.
I get phone calls about the TV not working where after some diagnosis the issue is she's accidentally changed HDMI input on the TV but she's not capable of working that out herself.
I used to get that. It was never on HDM 12 (as she called it).
 
Back
Top