The Mentalist on Quest Red (40) series record

bottletop

Recording The Mentalist on Quest Red (40) is a bit hit and miss.
They started off showing 2 episodes back to back at
2200-2300
2300-0000 on Mondays with series record on 8/1. The first 6 episodes recorded fine.

They changed the time slots just before 29/1 so I have 2 failed recordings on HDR Fox T2 with
"Recording failed: unable to track programme"

They're now on as individual episodes without series record (since 5/2) on Mondays at
2000-2100
2100-2200

They repeat on Sundays (series record CRID WWW.QUESTTV.CO.UK/S33016)
1900-2000
2000-2100
(Other repeats - roughly at the early hours of the weekend have since disappeared, maybe early Feb.)

Edit: I've emailed the issue to support@discoveryplus.co.uk

Last edited:
I'd have expected better fro Quest Red.
I've given up with other stations (That's TV 2). The EPG contents are unreliable and the programmes don't run at the scheduled time, if at all.

For some of these channels it is best to use Remote Scheduling Auto set up a "Schedule maching events" rule
Won't catch the very last minute changes but does help protect against SCRID misuse, you may also pick up repeat showings but better 2 copies of an episode than none.

I have 2 series records set for 'Click' on different days because it is frequently bumped by News events.

I'm laughing because, although it appears that bottletop has an HDR -Fox-T2, I suspect this thread was started because of a comment I made in the Aura section (Runaway Recordings). For the rest of us (none CF) we're stuffed. I've tried manual recording with large padding and still the broadcasters of the minor channels screw it up. What a crafty way of making us use on-demand internet services!

I don't use Remote Scheduling, but I did get the EPG to show CRIDs. It helps identify issues etc.
It's the first time I've set recordings for Quest Red so didn't realise it's unreliable.
But I find it helps to search the EPG every now and then, check the schedule etc

Great! Looks like they've added the SCRID for the Monday evening episodes - WWW.QUESTTV.CO.UK/S33018.
But if they've screwed up once there is no guarantee that they won't do so again in the future!
I'm laughing because, although it appears that bottletop has an HDR -Fox-T2, I suspect this thread was started because of a comment I made in the Aura section (Runaway Recordings). For the rest of us (none CF) we're stuffed. I've tried manual recording with large padding and still the broadcasters of the minor channels screw it up. What a crafty way of making us use on-demand internet services!
Does the Aura allow control by home assistants (Alexa et al)?
If it did there might be the possibility of simulating remote schedule and injecting recordings in to the schedule

The short answer is: I don't know. It might. There is an app which allows adding a recording into the schedule providing I'm on the same WiFi network But that seems to use the Aura's EPG which couldn't cope with the recent fun with Silent Witness/Ambulance, so I haven't much faith in it

But if they've screwed up once there is no guarantee that they won't do so again in the future!
Indeed they have. The SCRIDs were on Mondays (12/2) programmes, so for next week (19/2) they choose to not use the SCRIDs.

Maybe do this
For some of these channels it is best to use Remote Scheduling Auto set up a "Schedule maching events" rule
Won't catch the very last minute changes but does help protect against SCRID misuse, you may also pick up repeat showings but better 2 copies of an episode than none..

Or just the old manual weekly timers x2.

Thanks for the heads-up.
I'm beginning to think I need a white board and marker pens near my Humax to remind me to check and reset the recording schedule. Almost back to scheduling on a VCR.

If I remember I might reset the timers, but is it worth it? Do the people at Discovery know which is their bum and which is their elbow?

At the moment, the repeats on Sunday are still showing (ep 13 & 14).
But they've changed the Monday evening schedule.
They're not showing next pair of episodes at 2000 & 2100.
It looks like they're starting to show weekday episodes from the beginning (ie S1, E1) at 1800. Without using SCRID. Great.

Drama are showing "The Marlow Murder Club" as a 2 part series.
Episode 1 was marked as a series, Episode 2 has no series crid 😧😠👿
Only discovered after Drama+1 was halfway through 😒
Fortunately there is a repeat on Saturday

Drama are showing "The Marlow Murder Club" as a 2 part series.
Episode 1 was marked as a series, Episode 2 has no series crid 😧😠👿
Yep. Same on freesat. Luckily I spotted it this morning and was able to set the one-off recording for E2.

I didn't spot that. This is getting ridiculous. What is the point of a series link that doesn't work? :mad:

What is the point of a series link that doesn't work?
We record quite a bit of Drama stuff and to be fair I think this is the first time I've seen them screw up a series link. They have a better track record than most of the main channels for sure.

Back