The most stupid question?

CocoNTM

Well yes, probably!

I have just updated to the latest release of the custom firmware and when I tried to access the T2 from my laptop it asked for a login and password. My problem is that although the password is set to 0000, I have no idea about what login I should be using. I have searched the forums to see if there is a default login but can find no reference to one. Can some kind soul please let me know what the correct log name is?

Many thanks in advance.

By default there is no userid/password required.
You said that you have just UPDATED to CF...
Did you have an earlier version on there. If so then I suspect that it had a userid/password set, in which case that would be the one you require.

There is a way to remove this via telenet, I'm sure somebody will be along soon to tell you how.

Found the info in the wiki:
If you have forgotten your Web-If password you can reset it by accessing the Humax Telnet screen.
The Telnet Menu (Option 2) can do this, If the Telnet Menu is turned off, you can reset it by entering the following Telnet command line :-
diag removepw

Many thanks for your prompt response HarveyB.

I did have a previous version of the CF - but don't remember ever having set up a user. Sadly I cannot now remember the appropriate unix command sen to find where the users are listed.

Once again, many thanks HarveyB. I can now access the web if interface. I hope that I won't have to ask any more daft questions!

Back