TheTVDB.com Integration

webif beta 1.4.7 should restore thetvdb integration.
I used /df's idea of just calling out to wget for the downloads. Other changes were needed because both the zip and xml format in the downloads had changed, and the location of some images. Fun and games.
I've also hit this fairly recently and wondered when 1.4.7 will be pushed out to general release.

I'm happy to test the TVDB integration in the 1.4.7 beta version if that helps, but I don't know how to get hold of it...

I've been using 1.4.7 since it was released in November and it is working well apart from the issue reported in post #120.

I've been using 1.4.7 since it was released in November and it is working well apart from the issue reported in post #120.
Great - I will give it a whirl.

Only thing is that after enabling opkg-beta, the (beta) webif version now offered is shown as version 1.4.6 rather than 1.4.7. Does this mean that I'd need to pull 1.4.7 from elsewhere, rather than via the webif Package Manager?

Found 1.47 - I needed to update packages after installing opkg-beta.

Last edited:
Great - I will give it a whirl.

Only thing is that after enabling opkg-beta, the (beta) webif version now offered is shown as version 1.4.6 rather than 1.4.7. Does this mean that I'd need to pull 1.4.7 from elsewhere, rather than via the webif Package Manager?

Found 1.47 - I needed to update packages after installing opkg-beta.
OK - that didn't take long.

Unfortunately this does not work for me.

I have attached a record of my tests, and the web-if error log - it looks like there is a syntax error/invalid option (-4) in the wget call which probably happens after the dialog is initialised but before it gets populated by the wget results

<snip>
mod/webif/lib/tvdb.class:79: Error: wget: invalid option -- 4
106at file "/mod/webif/lib/tvdb.class", line 79
105in procedure 'tvdb' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/tvdb.class", line 83
104at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 73
103in procedure 'tvdb _fetch' called at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 52
102in procedure '<reference.<tvdb___>.00000000000000000000>' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/tvdb.class", line 195
101at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 73
100in procedure 'tvdb searchseries' called at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 52
99in procedure '<reference.<tvdb___>.00000000000000000000>' called at file "/mod/webif/html/browse/tvdb/search.jim", line 12
97 -Y Use proxy ('on' or 'off')
96 -U STR Use STR for User-Agent header
95 -O FILE Save to FILE ('-' for stdout)
94 -T SEC Network read timeout is SEC seconds
93 -P DIR Save to DIR (default .)
92 -q Quiet
91 -c Continue retrieval of aborted transfer
90 -s Spider mode - only check file existence

</snip>

If I try a manual wget:

HUMAX# wget
BusyBox v1.20.2 (2013-01-02 19:13:09 GMT) multi-call binary.

Usage: wget [-c|--continue] [-s|--spider] [-q|--quiet] [-O|--output-document FILE]
[--header 'header: value'] [-Y|--proxy on/off] [-P DIR]
[--no-check-certificate] [-U|--user-agent AGENT] [-T SEC] URL...

Retrieve files via HTTP or FTP

-s Spider mode - only check file existence
-c Continue retrieval of aborted transfer
-q Quiet
-P DIR Save to DIR (default .)
-T SEC Network read timeout is SEC seconds
-O FILE Save to FILE ('-' for stdout)
-U STR Use STR for User-Agent header
-Y Use proxy ('on' or 'off')

HUMAX#

Then I get the same - it looks like the -4 switch/option is not available in this version (Busybox 1.20.2?)

Hmm - missing dependency? I have noticed that there is an updated wget version available - I will update to that and retry.

Attachments

• HUMAX_1.4.7_Beta_Tests_01.pdf
    194.3 KB · Views: 0
  • webif-error.log.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
OK - that didn't take long.

Unfortunately this does not work for me.

I have attached a record of my tests, and the web-if error log - it looks like there is a syntax error/invalid option (-4) in the wget call which probably happens after the dialog is initialised but before it gets populated by the wget results

<snip>
mod/webif/lib/tvdb.class:79: Error: wget: invalid option -- 4
106at file "/mod/webif/lib/tvdb.class", line 79
105in procedure 'tvdb' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/tvdb.class", line 83
104at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 73
103in procedure 'tvdb _fetch' called at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 52
102in procedure '<reference.<tvdb___>.00000000000000000000>' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/tvdb.class", line 195
101at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 73
100in procedure 'tvdb searchseries' called at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 52
99in procedure '<reference.<tvdb___>.00000000000000000000>' called at file "/mod/webif/html/browse/tvdb/search.jim", line 12
97 -Y Use proxy ('on' or 'off')
96 -U STR Use STR for User-Agent header
95 -O FILE Save to FILE ('-' for stdout)
94 -T SEC Network read timeout is SEC seconds
93 -P DIR Save to DIR (default .)
92 -q Quiet
91 -c Continue retrieval of aborted transfer
90 -s Spider mode - only check file existence

</snip>

If I try a manual wget:

HUMAX# wget
BusyBox v1.20.2 (2013-01-02 19:13:09 GMT) multi-call binary.

Usage: wget [-c|--continue] [-s|--spider] [-q|--quiet] [-O|--output-document FILE]
[--header 'header: value'] [-Y|--proxy on/off] [-P DIR]
[--no-check-certificate] [-U|--user-agent AGENT] [-T SEC] URL...

Retrieve files via HTTP or FTP

-s Spider mode - only check file existence
-c Continue retrieval of aborted transfer
-q Quiet
-P DIR Save to DIR (default .)
-T SEC Network read timeout is SEC seconds
-O FILE Save to FILE ('-' for stdout)
-U STR Use STR for User-Agent header
-Y Use proxy ('on' or 'off')

HUMAX#

Then I get the same - it looks like the -4 switch/option is not available in this version (Busybox 1.20.2?)

Hmm - missing dependency? I have noticed that there is an updated wget version available - I will update to that and retry.
Woohoo! It works now!!

You need wget 1.20.3 installed also for the amended code to work. Thanks af123!!

I will test some more and report back

UPDATE after further testing - TVDB Integration appears fixed in 1.4.7 with WGET 1.20.3 *

Last edited:
You need wget 1.20.3 installed also for the amended code to work.
The dependencies are wrong then.

tvdiary depends on:
webif (>= 1.4.1-2)
jim-binary (>= 0.76)
sqlite3-xconv (>= 1.0.1)
redring (>= 2.20-1)

No mention of wget at all.

The dependencies are wrong then.

tvdiary depends on:
webif (>= 1.4.1-2)
jim-binary (>= 0.76)
sqlite3-xconv (>= 1.0.1)
redring (>= 2.20-1)

No mention of wget at all.
Because tvdiary's a different thing.

TheTVDB.com integration is a built-in option of WebIF, which only needs wget for that option. Either it should be a hard dependency, or there should be an error message to prompt the installation of wget.

Having not used either I became converted to both. tvdiary does move the electrons round a lot, though.

Hello all,

Applogies if this should be a new thread but thought this might be a bug so adding to this existing one...

I'm struggling to get the dedup/tidyup process to go through and reapply the series and episodes numbers again after renaming some files via the rename opt+ route via webif. Is this possible or will dedup only work when there are two files with the same episode ID (irrespective if the filenames)?

I was ultimately wanting to edit the tvdb file in the mod folder for a specific series (the A team) as series 2 episode 6 got renamed incorrectly as the last 2 characters (I think) got clipped ('When You Comin' Back, Range Rider? (1)' vs 'When You Comin' Back, Range Rider? (2)'). As a result e2e6 got renamed to what e2e7 was ('The Taxicab Wars').

The reason for clipping could be due to me amending the tvdb prefix setting to include ' - A-Team - ', but at the time I didn't think that would have been a problem but it is evident that the humax media list on the tv will only display 40 characters so perhaps so?

This has had an unusual knock on effect for the rest of the episodes in series 2 somehow as each new episode has taken on the next but one title and the last one in the series ends up being called some generic name with a generic synopsis. Is this a bug?

I've since removed the extra wording in the settings but the dedup/tidy process says there is nothing to do and is not picking up the fact that the files I've renamed via opt+ need fixing. (Referring to /mod/var/tvdb/77904.db, the generic titles have come from the last 2 lines where the series number is set to 0).

Any guidance or confirmation that this is a bug and needs fixing would be much appreciated. Otherwise, a solution to re-apply the names as per the tvdb file would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rodp

How about moving your series 2 episodes to a new folder, then introducing it to TheTVDB.com and reacquiring the episode details?

Or a small shell script could renumber and rename the affected series 2 episodes.

How about moving your series 2 episodes to a new folder, then introducing it to TheTVDB.com and reacquiring the episode details?

Tried that and it doesn't think there is anything to do. Even if you try renaming it, it still ignores it.

In the pic below you can see that s2e06 remains titled as The Taxicab Wars.

1598571174746.png

s2E06, when you look at the TVDB DB list it doesn't place s2e06 with all the others, it is infact at the bottom for some reason along with a couple of others. I've tried clearing the DB and the cache using the command in diagnostics page but this made no difference.
1598571322232.png

1598571466071.png

The only thing I'm wondering is, is there a flag which needs to be removed from the files to make the dedup/tidy routine process them again?

Thanks

Rodp

Tried that and it doesn't think there is anything to do. Even if you try renaming it, it still ignores it.
The only thing I'm wondering is, is there a flag which needs to be removed from the files to make the dedup/tidy routine process them again?
Sorry, of course there is: the Dedup flag.

It can be reset by a shell command hmt -dedup "/path/to/"s2e*.ts, or using a sweeper rule in the directory if you want to use the WebIf GUI.

Back