This Humax Box is Possibly Deceased

Hello Ezra Pound

I do not disagree with you and this has happened in the past but in my defence I did not realise £60 to unblock a sink was expensive. I try to believe in the humanity of other people and I know to some that may sound naïve but I try to trust people. If I do not trust the industry then I try to join schemes where one pays a little more but the good service is guaranteed from them being a member of a scheme such as the Good Garage Scheme. I suppose I never wanted to be one of those chaps who took bikes and cars apart and then 10 years later they are still in bits in the garage and yes I do know people like this.

I have never needed to understand tech as usually if a product goes bang I replace it but my Humax Fox T2 is different. That is the first time I have not just gone and bought a new model such as when my laptops go for example. I do not disagree with you I should be more aware but I have never needed to in the past.

I completely take your point re: cars and I know the AA are trustworthy but when younger I know I have fallen foul of a few people but then again I have had long stints of good service as well so swings and roundabouts. In your scenario I just stand there and look glum. I never say it is x. I have learned that the hard way as when they say why and you have no reply then they know you have been on Google which is even worse than just saying I don't know it does not start or whatever the problem is.

Mechanics like tech people can very quickly realise I do not have the slightest idea but then I have people come to see me in my daily life and I know they have no idea what I am talking about but I explain rather than think this is a good opportunity and I expect the same benefit of the doubt from others'. I know not everyone is trustworthy but in my experience there are more good people than bad but it does leave a sour taste in the mouth when you have trusted someone and then realise they were bad. I am hoping in the era of review sites that people will decide to behave more responsibly. I know if I find out later that a job I paid for was not satisfactory I will go on a review site and inform everyone of shoddy practice. I am therefore hoping people will say I will behave well rather than end up with a bad review which could cost more in the long run.

My father thinks one day he will see me on Rogue Traders being ripped off due to my lack of knowledge but I work from the premise if I pay £30 more to have a sink unblocked then that is an acceptable margin of error. I do try and research or get word of mouth references for big things like a new bathroom or car but for little things like sinks or ballcocks you have to keep the faith.

Thank you and just being here I am learning things on the tech side. I know I can contribute little at the mo but maybe one day I will be able to add more like I can on other forums where I have an element of expertise.

Have a nice rest of your weekend

Best

M

Back