time shift not working

bredg

Hi I am a bit of a novice so please bare with me, I am running custom firmware 2.22 & the live TV pause, rewind Features etc don't work. I have made sure that the remote hasn't been touched accidently whilst watching a channel (As described in the fixes/work a rounds for known bugs). I am not sure how long the feature has been like this & have done lots of searching online without getting any nearer to a fix for it.
I have read a little bit about the fix disk in maintenance mode with telnet & am wondering if this could help with the problem, but am a little scared of messing it up & losing recordings/buggering up the box completely!!
Will be interested to hear if anyone else can help or has had this problem before

Many thanks
Ben.

Thanks black hole, is the disk fix likely to wipe my current recordings/ settings or cause other issues or is it fairly safe

Thanks.

Fix disk shouldn't clear recordings.
Just out of interest - are you still able to record programmes?

Posted on the move

Hi kev_w thanks for clearing that up, & yes still able to record fine currently

Hi Ezra pound, yes the problem still occurs when trying that

Thanks all.

Unless the time shift buffer has been turned of with Web-If >> Diagnostics >> disable_tsr >> Run Diagnostic (reversible with enable_tsr), I would go for fix-disk, WiKi notes HERE. Options 1 and 1 again

hi all.
just like to report the fix-disk in maintenance mode seems to have fixed the problem, the telnet connection was a bit hit & miss so had to keep closing it & re trying but eventually got it running, so far all seems good

thanks everyone :)

Back