Time Shift problem

Tim.ivn

Hi

I have a reminder set on my HDR Fox T2 on BBC1 HD between 4:25am and 4:35am daily in order to prevent the OTA. I chose BBC1 HD because there are programs on that channel that I like to watch on BBC1 when I get back from work in the which are on during the two hours before I get back home. Occasionally, when I press the rewind button, nothing happens. Nor does anything happen when I press the fast forward button. Basically the Time Shift function has died. If I change channels, it fixes it but that obviously does not bring back the previous two hours. I know that one solution would be to schedule what I want to watch but I would still like a solution to the Time Shift problem itself. Does anyone know why this may be happening and any solutions?

Than you very much.

There is a bug in the Humax software that disables the Time Shift Buffer if you re-enter the current TV channel again from the remote control, so for example if you have previously switched to channel 1 by entering '1' on the remote control and after the channel is selected you enter '1' again the bug will disable 9 remote controls buttons connected with the Time Shift Buffer. There is no fix or work around for this bug that retains the time shift buffer, details in the WiKi HERE

The other bug is that some of the transport controls fail to work correctly when the time shift buffer is full (2 hours worth).

The other bug is that some of the transport controls fail to work correctly when the time shift buffer is full (2 hours worth).
I didn't know that; would that explain a problem I saw recently where the time shift buffer would have been full and the skip forward button jumped forward over an hour to the end of the buffer?

Back