To buy or not to buy an other foxy

derekB

Just spotted a HUMAX HDR-FOX T2 1TB for sale £279.99 it's still boxed new with full waranty.
I brought one earlier this summer. Should I buy another?
Can one have too many? My 2000T is not my favourite Humax product.
I'm tempted.

Interesting point about the warranty. Surely there will came a point where the warranty won't be valid even though the box is unoppened? Its been discontinued for almost 3 years.

There is no legal entitlement to manufacturer's warranty, the purchaser's contract is with the seller.

Even if there was a manufacturer's warranty, they almost certainly have no stock now with which they would swap any faulty unit.

Buy, but at a well known auction site you could probably buy at least 4 good examples for that price!

Buy, but at a well known auction site you could probably buy at least 4 good examples for that price!

I suppose that's my point really. Don't know if the "full warranty" will be worth the 4x price.

The HDD which is probably the most likely thing to break will definitely be out of manufacturer's warranty so in that respect you might be better getting a second hand fox and buy a brand new HDD (which will have a worthwhile warranty). Maybe get a second second hand fox as backup? Still be around £100 cheaper than what the OP has found.

Think I've talked myself into getting another one :)

Back