Transfer 9200t to pc

bonzo the fool

Please can anyone help
I am trying to move my recordings from my 9200t to my pc
I found a program called media elinker on the web and bought a cable which seemed to have the correct connections at either end to join the port on the front of the box to a usb port on the pc. It seems to be the same as my printer cable.
When I connect up and download media elinker I should get according to elinker
". Attach the Humax PVR9200T to your PC and switch the Humax on (i.e. take it
out of standby).

2. Your PC should display the "Found New Hardware" dialog box with the question
"Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software". Select the
"No, not this time" option and click the NEXT button"

I don't get that message at all I get "BBC 3"
Do I have a bum cable, does media elinker not work with windows 7 professional 32 bit or have I totally lost the plot?
Any ideas would be appreciated I'm sure it is just stupidity on my part

Absolutely nothing. I'm talking out of my ass as usual. I didn't bother to read your link. I'll get me coat:)

Absolutely; all I am saying is that it would have avoided confusion by posting something like: "you could try humaxrw, see here" rather than just post the link without any introduction.

Absolutely; all I am saying is that it would have avoided confusion by posting something like: "you could try humaxrw, see here" rather than just post the link without any introduction.
But if you look at the link there are a number of alternatives; my preference would be humaxrw but it does frighten those not familiar with command line utilities so listing the alternatives is valuable which is what the second post in the link does.

Hi there thanks for your replies.
The reason I came on here was that having followed all the threads mentioned ;) above I got stuck.
I'm sure the experts here understand exactly the solutions. The problem I have is that I don't.
But I've now found an answer, my daughter wanted my copies of Borgen 2 downloaded from my 9200 before she watched Borgen 3.
Solution a bought a cheap copy on ebay of series 2 and got it delivered to her.
As for the idea of dismantling my Hummy no way last thing a took apart was a Bantam motor cycle in the mid 1950's and still have a box of parts left in my loft.
So please close the thread I can see I will not ever be able to use this facility and as it was a one off no problem.
Again thanks to those who tried to help.

I'm trying to use humaxrw but can't get the command line or the gui versions to 'find' the humax disk.
It's in situ - so powered by the 9200t - connected directly to my PC motherboard via IDE.
Using XP SP3 32 bit.
Disk shows in Device Manager, but not in My Computer.
Can anyone help, please?

Edit - oh, changing the humax disk number in the gui from the default of 2 to zero seems to have done the trick.

It's in situ - so powered by the 9200t - connected directly to my PC motherboard via IDE.
Eeek! I wouldn't do that. Power it off the PC if it's connected to the PC.
Disk shows in Device Manager, but not in My Computer.
Well it won't as it's not a file system that's recognised by Windoze. That's why you're using Humaxrw.

Eeek! I wouldn't do that. Power it off the PC if it's connected to the PC.

Ok thanks, I'll take your advice

Well it won't as it's not a file system that's recognised by Windoze. That's why you're using Humaxrw.

I got that, it's just i wanted to show that it was actually 'there' even though humaxrw couldn't find it.

Back