Transfer from old Humax and appear in Recordings List?

Huser

I've purchased a FVP-5000T and want to transfer recordings from a HDR-FOX T2. I've noted from previous threads around how this can be achieved for SD and HD copy (using custom firmware to decrypt for the latter). However once that process is done is it possible to add those recordings to the 5000T so that they actually appear under the Recordings list so I can access the programme/series information and have an option to resume play as if recorded on the 5000?

Not afaik. It would need the capability to rebuild the native sidecar files. These are of a different format to the HDR-FOX-T2 equivalents, Not seen a post indicating anyone has managed to work out the format of the sidecar files.

Pretty sure you can transfer as MP4 then copy mp4s to record menu as right for type

I'm using an external 1 tb drive and I know that resume play no longer works with external media. They also broke series play from short cut. It now serious plays the next unrelated short cut instead of the next episode from the original folder

I've purchased a FVP-5000T and want to transfer recordings from a HDR-FOX T2. I've noted from previous threads around how this can be achieved for SD and HD copy (using custom firmware to decrypt for the latter). However once that process is done is it possible to add those recordings to the 5000T so that they actually appear under the Recordings list so I can access the programme/series information and have an option to resume play as if recorded on the 5000?

You can create external files that can be uploaded as normal recordings and create your own or copy existing programme synopses and upload to a HDR-FOX-T2 using a raydon PC app which creates the required sidecar files. There's no app for the FVP models.

Pretty sure you can transfer as MP4
Not sure what that's got to do with transferring a recording from an HDR-FOX, which would be .TS with the metadata in auxiliary files.

You can create external files that can be uploaded as normal recordings and create your own or copy existing programme synopses and upload to a HDR-FOX-T2 using a raydon PC app which creates the required sidecar files.
Not sure what that's got to do with transferring a recording from a HDR-FOX to a FVP-5000T.

I was replying to the rather confusing post #3. A 5000T will play back HDR-FOX-T2 recordings but without any of the navigation and synopses that the sidecar files produce. As I already posted nobody afaik has worked out the structure of these. Lack of ability to export from the internal hard disk other than SD recordings means that the internal HDD needs to be connected to a PC to get copies of the sidecar files,

Back