Transferring files from Foxsat-HDR to PC via USB

I thought about the file size limit too, but I thought we had eliminated that possibility (StDef, innit?) and I didn't see how it would hide the file.

I thought about the file size limit too, but I thought we had eliminated that possibility (StDef, innit?) and I didn't see how it would hide the file.

Could be a very long SD recording. Gone With The Wind or something like the Olympics coverage. Perhaps the OP could tell us the programme duration or it's filesize on the Foxsat.

I wonder if the files are visible using something like Filezilla to look at the USB device.

A cursory look online shows this as a common symptom of a virus.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may be relevant. Windows (10 at any rate) has problems with encrypted HD .ts files*. As they cannot be read by anything other than the original Humax anyway, I would advise against transferring encrypted .ts files to a PC. For backup of encrypted files I FTP or sync them to an Ext3 format drive instead - using freeware called Syncback and Paragon's LinuxWin to mount said Linux formatted disk. FileZilla is another option, but Syncback is great as it can exchange files to and from an FTP server. I use an older USB 2.0 disk as this works better when plugged into the Humax box.

* Windows background process(es) try and iconise the content based on the file extension. As Windows it is unable to read the file content it gets it's knickers in a twist and the RAM and CPU usage jump though the roof, freezing up the computer. I learned this the hard way when I found it took over 30 minutes to delete a single encrypted .ts file.

Last edited:
Back