Transferring large files via USB

You may find this a bit more useful if you want an ext fs to start on boot:
http://www.paragon-software.com/home/extfs-windows/

I've been using it for some time on a windows/centos multi-boot (not dual boot) system with no problems.
Cant say I've tried it on a ram stick though.
For humax use I cant see any point in using anything but NTFS if you have the mods installed.

jack616, I use the Paragon software too and have never had any problem with it. I only use it once in a while to read Ext3 disks.

NTFS external HDDs will be the obvious choice for people who have installed the CF but I use Ext3 instead, mainly because I have a server running Ubuntu.

For humax use I cant see any point in using anything but NTFS if you have the mods installed.
If you have CF installed... but NTFS has not been trouble-free for everyone. Since M$ have never released the specifications for NTFS, third party support is "suck it and see".

Hi All,

Just thought I would update this thread, I decided to make the leap & install the customised firmware, and you were all right it is way much better & wishing I did this a long time ago so issue resolved & file now transferred on the new customised firmware!

I have many questions on this new firmware but these are for another thread after I look through the wiki & forums. Thanks all.

Thanks for the thanks. CF is a matter of dipping a toe in - people say "not interested, it has nothing for me", but as soon as they find they want to do something extra (beyond the HDR-FOX's strictest use as a PVR) they would find it all much easier with than without.

Back