Transferring Recordings ex 9300T

New disk would be a good start.
Black Hole, Already swapped existing Seagate drive with a WD HDD. Just waiting to see if the problem is still there. If so its not a disc issue. Just need to get the old recordings back onto the replacement!

I know, but you said "temporarily" so I guessed that one couldn't be left there.

Putting the recordings back might be a problem.

I know, but you said "temporarily" so I guessed that one couldn't be left there.

Putting the recordings back might be a problem.
Just been told the replacement disc also records in a skippy way so no improvement. Must be the hardware. I said 'temporarily' as I was hoping to put the original drive back once I had extracted and reloaded the files. Looks more likely that a replacement unit is the answer. Unfortunately in her mind Humax is now a tainted word!

Just been told the replacement disc also records in a skippy way so no improvement.
It is a well know problem with the 9300T and there is no known solution. My guess is that is a bug in the decoding chip triggered by a particular type of encoding that wasn't in common use when the 9300T was launched. If you copy the recordings off they should play fine on a PC.

It is a well know problem with the 9300T and there is no known solution. My guess is that is a bug in the decoding chip triggered by a particular type of encoding that wasn't in common use when the 9300T was launched. If you copy the recordings off they should play fine on a PC.
I had read, and suspected this might be the issue as it has been progressive. Real shame as she got good use out of it. From what you are saying it does look like the end for her 9300t. Long live my 9200!!!

Just been told the replacement disc also records in a skippy way so no improvement.
Have you a few examples of recent programmes?

I have a PVR-9300T and no longer use it but won't little I have tried I do not have an issue . Although years a go there was an issue which I did see with points of view when there was on screen text included , (and I think some said there was the same issue with Family Man and another BBC 3 cartoon).

Which will work on a 9200T but according to various reports the putting it back bit doesn't work properly on a 9300T.
Oh, OK. I naively assumed the 9300 would work like the 9200, but as I only have the latter...

Last edited:
Oh, OK. I naiively assumed the 9300 would work like the 9200, but as I only have the latter...
We all assumed the same thing. There have been several reports from what seem to be competent people reporting problems trying to transfer recordings back to a 9300. Like you I have never owned one so I can't confirm whether they are correct but to me it seems reasonable to warn people.

There was a description of success doing this on the digital spy forum in feb 2012 ( showthread.php?t=1631636 ) but since Martin contributed to that topic maybe I got it wrong somehow.

Back