Transmission - change default download folder

makem

Is it possible?

Current: "A new directory will be created at /media/ My Video/torrent/ containing successful downloads"

Can I change this to be a folder on a LAN to avoid having to download two times? Once from via the torrent and once from the hummy to a LAN folder.

EDIT: I have found that I can enter a LAN path but not sure if it will work. Perhaps if it does then the wiki could be amended to say default which you can change?

Last edited:
EDIT: I have found that I can enter a LAN path but not sure if it will work. Perhaps if it does then the wiki could be amended to say default which you can change?
The thing to consider with a LAN path is what happens if it is not available when required.

'Scuse my ignorance, but isn't the point of torrent that the participant also makes the file available to contribute to other people's downloads? How does that work?

Transmission also seeds.

I realised (late I know), what is the point of making a path to a pc? If you want the file on a pc why not run a torrent program there? If you do then you save lecky by not having the hummy and the pc online together.

Transmission is for those files which the hummy can use on the hummy, not for as in my case PiMAME, 45GB of roms.

Now, if it was possible to extract the compressed file on the hummy, I could download only those roms I need.

Let us know how it goes

Sorry, I don't have a torrent file to test it on. I did try it for a couple of minutes with the 45GB torrent I did have and it started running as normal so I assume it would work with a path to a LAN folder.

I realised (late I know), what is the point of making a path to a pc? If you want the file on a pc why not run a torrent program there? If you do then you save lecky by not having the hummy and the pc online together.
You could have meant the target is a NAS drive.

Back