Transmission download speed

That would have saved a few posts and brainpower had you said that in the first place. :frantic: :roflmao:

Yeah, he only tells us what he thinks we need to know, and that's usually not enough (or encrypted by lack of grammar). This is a help forum for HDR-FOX, not bloody PCs (I know I ask questions about PCs, but at least that's only in The 'Arms).

That would have saved a few posts and brainpower had you said that in the first place. :frantic: :roflmao:
Is brainpower being rationed now? Come on. It's not like the forum is swamped with ESSENTIAL enquiries. If people don't want to help/engage it's very easy, right?

As it happens BH after wasting 5kT of brainpower got it in one. How much do I owe you?

I think you would need a USB3 hub to gigabit ethernet adapter like this one from Wish :-
View attachment 4532
3 Ports USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Lan RJ45 Network Adapter Hub to 1000Mbps Mac PC Gigabit USB3.0 Ethernet Adapter
what the hell, ezra?

this wish shop is in china?

the last place I want to buy from right now is efing china.

the last place I want to buy from right now is efing china.
Why?
They are getting back to work now, so they may be the most likely place to actually be able to ship it in reasonable time.
If you're worried about them sending a box of virus - don't. Only the outside of the packaging might be contaminated from handling in the UK.
If you are just anti-China because they started it, I can't help :dunno:

Ezra was merely posting an example of what is available - not a reccomendation to buy
You need to do your own due diiligence as to features, price, shipping etc before deciding whether to purchase

The post was to highlight that it was a USB Hub not a straight USB to ethernet which would not have the correct connector to attach a hard disk drive, Wish was the first site I found with a useable picture, nothing more

If you are just anti-China because they started it, I can't help :dunno:
I would hope that most reasonable people would want to give the commie Chinese a VERY wide berth from now on when considering purchases. I 'd already had my doubts before this disaster but now it has well and truly tipped the balance against themselves.

The problem is this: the little phockers lie about item location on things like ebay and such.

The post was to highlight that it was a USB Hub not a straight USB to ethernet which would not have the correct connector to attach a hard disk drive, Wish was the first site I found with a useable picture, nothing more
I wasn't REALLY blaming you.

btw, I've only recently found out about the real ezra. what attracted you to his legacy?

I've noticed when copying a file from my t2 to NAS using Filezilla I get about 4.5MB/s as reported. However, if I set Filezilla to move 2 files simultaneously each file gets 4.5MB/s, giving a total transfer speed of 9MB/s. That's not far short of the theoretical maximum of 100Mb/s on a 10/100 interface.
As one who previously owned a 2000T, that's pretty speedy...

The problem is this: the little phockers lie about item location on things like ebay and such.
You're right there. I like to source from the UK, or at least things other people have imported into the UK, but twice I've had items arrive a week two weeks* later than the estimated date, despite a supposedly Royal Mail tracking number being issued straight away to make you think the item has been dispatched (and there is never any tracking information available). At least one of those arrived with a customs declaration label, so these are definitely being dispatched from abroad despite the statement on eBay that the item is located in "London" or wherever.

They are devious about other details too. Look up the vendor's address and sometimes it's Shenzhen, but I spotted one only yesterday where the item was supposed to be in London but the business address was Edinburgh! Yeah, right.

There is no doubt in my mind this is fraud, and eBay should do something about it, but of course there's no way to open a conversation with eBay about this kind of thing and they're not going to welcome cracking down on a significant part of their revenue.

All we can do is be vigilant, but at the same time there's no point cutting your nose off (to spite your face), and if that's the only way to get what you want at a price you're prepared to pay, go with it (what annoys me most is unexpected delays in delivery, but keep the value down to avoid import duty).

btw, I've only recently found out about the real ezra. what attracted you to his legacy?
This forum is educational in many ways. Why EP chose his moniker has been discussed many years ago - do a search.

* Updated: flaky memory

Last edited:
This forum is educational in many ways. Why EP chose his moniker has been discussed many years ago - do a search.
damn searches, I couldn't make a search which missed the user name.

but I got the winner: ezra pound poetry

turns out that I very nearly stumbled on the explanation but it must have flown right over my head.

and during all that history trip I stumbled across the nearly upon us CFW bithday

Eh? Try measuring that rather than believing the information panel.
Either I don't know what you mean or you don't know what I mean. Filezilla runs at 9MB/s (via a homeplug) provided it is set to do 2 simultaneous transfers. Set it to 3 and the speed for each file falls to approx 3MB/s. Have you tried it?

Back