Transmission Not Working

Tell

As of today the Transmission page has stopped working. It was working a few days ago. Is there a reason for this. It's been fine for years.

If I follow the notes:

We have transmission launched I then normally go into it via a saved page that fails.

From the wiki notes:

• Go into service control and start Transmission
  • Set it to auto start if you want it to come on whenever the box is on
  • Go to the Web-If main menu and click the transmission icon at the bottom left
First two fine... there is no transmission icon when you do the third one and you find it. It keaps cancelling itself from running with the slider bar going across as status off. The saved link page don't work. eg. the one I normally just launch it with.

What am I missing ?. Has web if been updated... some other update interacting with it.

I do not believe that I have done anything to upset the port 9091 on the router and that wouldn't stop the Transmission Icon from showing which it doesn't.

The actual text after uploading a file is

"Connection Failed

Could not connect to the server. You may need to reload the page to reconnect.
"

You dismiss it then it keeps popping back up with the message.

It then hides the Transmission icon.

Help. I could try uninstalling the custom firmware and re-installing if some has got corrupted. Bit reluctant. Does it test for the status of port 9091 before showing the Transmission icon... admit hazy on what port 9091 is / does. As said all has been fine for donkies of years until today.

Suggestions

Last edited:
Here, 1 and 2 fine as you say, and with 3, the icon is showing on the main page and links to http://<humax address>/plugin/transmission/go.jim where the resulting page seems OK (not actually running any torrent ATM).

Maybe force reinstall (Diagnostics)?

Thanks for the reply. The icon disappears after it's failed to load a file. Under service management status of transmission then toggles to OFF.

Would I be correct in thinking this has nothing to do with the ISP doing anything and the issue is self contained within the Humax and even has nothing to do with the route settings messing up port 9091. I did turn off the firewall since there is one in the ISPs provided router... having read having two running can cause issues. Turned it back on but worry that something might not have been toggled back like 9091 ?.

If it's totally self contained in the Humax concentrate on that.

I might have fiddled with ports years back can't remember what. Having changed isp's in the meantime all that has fallen by the wayside. The humax just does its job now. I could have a look at my transmission if you want

Ok I believe it was a rogue parameter file .t... file which was messing things up.

Deleted the package. Rebooted the Humax, installed the package again. Picked off another file... fine. Tried with the one before... same problem. Repeat above. Tried a different one fine. So reckon the file was corrupted / rogue which hung the Transmission app. Rattling along fine now.

I'll let you know if it returns. The Humax and I are ageing gracefully together. :).

Thanks...

Back