Transmission Torrent Client

markc

Hello everybody,
I've successfully installed the custom firmware on to my HD-FOX T2 and have installed the Transmission package through the web interface. The Transmission web interface works great and seems to accept torrent files and begins downloading as one would expect, however I've run in to an issue that I can't seem to resolve.

For some reason when the torrent reaches a certain point it will state that the disk is full (usually about the 60mb mark.) Typing df in to the console reveals that it is filling tmpfs up even though I'm pointing transmission to save to the external USB hard drive located at /media/drive1/torrent. I've made a torrent directory here with full read/write permissions. No matter where I state Transmission to save the data it seems to persistent in saving the data to the temporary FS.

Now I've no idea whether I'm just being stupid and missing something obvious or whether there's a genuine problem here but I can't seem to find a solution and it's rather frustrating. Anybody else suffer this issue and if so have you managed to resolve this successfully?

Any advice would be most appreciated!

As this is a question about the custom software rather than something affecting the plain vanilla HD-FOX, I'm requesting the moderators move this topic to the custom software section of the forum.

Update: it has been now

Oops! My apologies, I didn't realise that there's another subforum for custom firmware, I should look more carefully next time. If this thread could be moved to the relevant place I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
Mark.

There are four existing topics with "transmission" in the title (custom software section), so I recommend you use the search box and then read through them to see if your problem has been addressed. If not, do post back and I'm sure somebody with the relevant knowledge will be along to help.

Meanwhile, the topic NEW READERS START HERE (click this link) will guide you to the content of the forum.

I carried out a search on here prior to posting but none of the matches relate to the issue I'm experiencing unfortunately. :-( Makes me wonder whether I'm doing something wrong, I've tried everything I know to get it working without success. :-(

Typing df in to the console reveals that it is filling tmpfs

When you run df does it show the directory on the Hard disk that contains tmpfs is full? It looks like this directory only had 60Meg free. You could try pointing transmission to save to somewhere else on the Harld disk say /mod/tmp and see if it it hits the same 'disk full' barrier

When I try to enter a blocklist under the peers tab, it will not stick/save. What could I be doing wrongly?

General Security Questions
* Should I be using a Blocklist and if so which one?
* Are there any other sort of 'precautions' I should be taking
* What is contained in a 15kBytes *.torrent file (it must be more than an IP address or 2)
* What areas of my Humax are peers able to upload from
* Does re-naming a file stop it from being up-loaded
* Does power cycling my router (and gaining a new IP address) give any more security
* Are the big boys going to be kicking my door down (paranoia attack now complete)

Any idea on how to save settings (such as settings speed timing from midnight to 8am as I have unlimited bandwidth at those times). At the moment I can make those changes but they are lost whenever the Humax is rebooted. Is there anyway to save the settings or keep them in a file which can be loaded every time the Humax boots up?

Any idea on how to save settings (such as settings speed timing from midnight to 8am as I have unlimited bandwidth at those times). At the moment I can make those changes but they are lost whenever the Humax is rebooted. Is there anyway to save the settings or keep them in a file which can be loaded every time the Humax boots up?
I can't find a way to save, so whenever I use it I change the values manually, what a pain!

It would be useful to also find out if there are plans to upgrade the Transmission client. The latest version available is 2.61.

Hi, not sure if the client has been updated but settings are being saved now. Verson is 2.42 which is a few off from the current stable build but every little helps.

my version is 2.42. but no saves. can you check this , make changes, turn transmission off. turn it on. are the settings saved?

Hi mihaid - this is how I have my Transmission set up. Switch off auto start, so only starts up when I need it to. I did this originally as a temporary fix to stop torrents being downloaded as soon as the Hummy is switched on in the morning and draining my bandwidth. After you change this setting, reboot. Transmission will not be active and will have to be started by selecting the Service Management screen. From here load Transmission, go into the client and set your settings. Once done, click on the top X on the right hand side of the window. Queue your downloads. If you have set a time to download (e.g. in my case 00:00 to 07:45) and it is outside those hours, the download should not start. Restart Hummy and see if settings are saved. This worked for me, so I am assuming will also work for you but not sure if the auto start option will work. I have not tried it yet.

It is worth noting I am using the latest version of the firmware - 2.12

It is worth noting I am using the latest version of the firmware - 2.12

Is it firmware 2.12 for 1.02.20 or for 1.02.29.

From reading the wiki it seems that my version 2.10 for 1.02.27 will only need CFW 2.12 applied to it. Is it correct, anyone?

Back