Tru Entertainment format needs fixing

greywizard

Has anybody have any idea if this station is ever going to fix its formatting.
It's amazing the 'shape' of some of the actors when a programme is on. Also they
seem to be very irregular as to what format they tx in.

Blurb from their website :-' In an entertainment landscape of constantly shifting genres, True Entertainment has staked out a leading position at the intersection of fact and fiction.'
I think they need staking out in the hot sun to come to their senses.

I would have assumed that OFFCOM would have some say in the quality that Tru transmits.

Are you talking about when 4:3 material gets displayed at 16:9, and when 16:9 gets displayed at 4:3?

Has anybody have any idea if this station is ever going to fix its formatting.

I would have assumed that OFFCOM would have some say in the quality that Tru transmits.

No - nobody has any idea, and no - they probably won't fix it.
Ofcom are useless and don't give the impression that they want to deal with picture quality problems.
That means if you want to watch a TE programme and the format doesn't suit you - you'll have to sort it out yourself!
(Argh! Download it, guess the correct format, run it through ffmpeg or similar, check it, and then upload it to watch it - what a mess! Alternatively, stream it to your PC and watch using VLC which allows you to change the aspect ratio. [Other players are available and may have this function])

Back