Truncated Recordings After Move

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Hmm... not really CF, but maybe CF offers a solution:

I rescued some recordings I had second thoughts about being in the recycle bin... but after moving them (by SUI) every one is only 335,544,320 bytes long (exactly) and plays for about 12 minutes (out of a half hour programme plus padding).

Any ideas. anyone?

BH : but after moving them (by SUI) every one is only 335,544,320 bytes long (exactly)
Are you sure the file size isn't 33,554,432 ?, as that is the 25th. power of 2, it looks like trm is half way though it's task of deleting in 'chunks'

Last edited:
Nice idea, but no. I was thinking along similar lines. af123: is this the sort of thing you would expect to happen - multiple files in the recycle bin all being eaten back to the same length in the process of being deleted, and in that state for long enough that they can be retrieved like that?

No, the trm process shouldn't take long so you'd be unfortunate to catch one in the process of being deleted.
trm also doesn't truncate to powers of two, it truncates the recording by 41943040 bytes at a time until it's smaller than twice that size.

Are other things in the bin playable do you know?

Back