Trying to re-install Foxsat-HDR Customised Firmware

simonog

I am not sure if anyone still reads this thread. I had to replace my hard disk recently and have been trying to re-install the custom firmware. Despite placing the HDR_FOX_T2_upgrade.hdf file on to the root of a FAT32 USB, when i restart the Humax box from its switch, the screen on the front comes up "Custom Firmware 4.0.8" and there is no sign of the .hdf file loading either there or on the TV.

When I go to the web interface and install the available add-ons eg for remote scheduling, there seems to be no way to get the humax programmed either remotely or through the web interface: when I look at the Guide option on the web interface the screen is empty, even 24 hours later.

Has the core upgrade not taken and if so, is there any trick other than slavishly following the wiki instructions to install (which i did)?

Despite placing the HDR_FOX_T2_upgrade.hdf file on to the root of a FAT32 USB, when i restart the Humax box from its switch, the screen on the front comes up "Custom Firmware 4.0.8" and there is no sign of the .hdf file loading either there or on the TV.
I wouldn't expect HDR_FOX_T2_upgrade.hdf to load on a Foxsat, the clue is in the filename.

I was trying to find the right software for my Foxsat HDR recorder and was pointed at this. I used to run some custom firmware from hummy.tv and lost it with the hard disk replacement. Now I’m struggling to find the right named file!

I am not sure if anyone still reads this thread. I had to replace my hard disk recently and have been trying to re-install the custom firmware. Despite placing the HDR_FOX_T2_upgrade.hdf file on to the root of a FAT32 USB, when i restart the Humax box from its switch, the screen on the front comes up "Custom Firmware 4.0.8" and there is no sign of the .hdf file loading either there or on the TV.

When I go to the web interface and install the available add-ons eg for remote scheduling, there seems to be no way to get the humax programmed either remotely or through the web interface: when I look at the Guide option on the web interface the screen is empty, even 24 hours later.

Has the core upgrade not taken and if so, is there any trick other than slavishly following the wiki instructions to install (which i did)?
This is misconceived on so many levels.
  1. "HDR_FOX_T2_upgrade.hdf" is for the HDR-FOX, not the FOXSAT-HDR. It will not be recognised nor installed by the FOXSAT, even if you rename it to the filename the FOXSAT expects. But you don't need it anyway...

2. Replacing the HDD does not remove the custom firmware. It will require re-installing the downloadable packages which are installed on the HDD, but not the base firmware which you are talking about. The FOXSAT-HDR will boot and run perfectly well without a HDD fitted... because the operating firmware is stored in Flash memory not on the HDD. All you should need to do after replacing the HDD is the "second stage" of FOXSAT custom firmware installation, but I am not familiar with the process on FOXSAT. You do not need to repeat the USB installation process.

3. Which wiki are you reading? If it's https://wiki.hummy.tv/, that's all about HDR-FOX and HD-FOX, not FOXSAT-HDR.

Last edited:
. . . I had to replace my hard disk recently and have been trying to re-install the custom firmware . . .
How many times are you going to ignore these replys ?

Back