Trying to recover recordings from HDR-Fox T2

My father's FOX T2 has stopped responding to the remote control, so I am trying to copy/decrypt recordings from it so that he can watch them on another Humax.

I've installed the Custom Firmware and Web IF (the software version now shows as FHTCP 1.03.06). I've also installed the Auto-Unprotect, CIFS and Samba packages, and have manually selected the Decrypt option for all folders/files using the web interface.

My problem is that I now can't get the Humax to copy videos to either a USB device or a network share. If I try to copy to a USB memory stick (Sandisk 4Gb or Sony 8Gb) I can navigate and create folders on the stick but the red "copy" option is always greyed out. I can't find a way of copying to a network share, as none of my (Windows 7 and NAS) shares are listed as copy destinations, even though I can select them as Storage using the blue button on the Humax Media screen.

What steps do I need to take to copy (decrypted) videos to one of my network shares??

I can navigate and create folders on the stick but the red "copy" option is always greyed out.
As you have created a folder n the stick using the HDR-FOX T2 I think we know you are using a file stucture on the stick that the HDR can write to.

When you request the copy what some people erroneously do is to navigate to within the folder and then try to press red. Instead ofthis what is needed is to navigate to the folder and then with the folder highlighted, but not opened, press red.

When you request the copy what some people erroneously do is to navigate to within the folder and then try to press red. Instead ofthis what is needed is to navigate to the folder and then with the folder highlighted, but not opened, press red.

Thanks - it looks like I made the same mistake! All OK copying to the USB stick now. Any idea how I can copy to a Windows network share? (which has alot more space!)

With samba installed your Windows PC should be able to "see" the Humax on your network, and access it through File Manager.

After installing Samba I was able to see the Humax folder on the network, but I thought I needed to use the OPT+ option on the Humax to copy files in order to decrypt the files while copying. Does the Auto-Decrypt package supersede this - i.e. if I use that option from the web interface can I simply copy and paste the files from the Humax using Windows and be able to play them using Windows Media Player or VLC?

For the last couple of hours the Humax has "locked up". I can ping it, but I can't open a telnet session, the web interface doesn't respond and the box is not outputting any signal to the TV (just a message saying "The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak"). Could it be that, having selected the manual Recursive Decrypt option on all of the Humax video folders (about 300Gb of recordings), the Humax is busily decrypting everything and is simply maxed out?

The Humax won't Max-out to the extent that it will stop outputting TV, so I guess it is in some strange state, if it isn't recording I would power cycle it
BTW
The 'no signal' message is probably coming from the TV rather than the Humax

Thanks - I've power-cycled and it's back up. I notice that some recordings have been decrypted but not others (even though I selected all folders for recursive decryption). Will the reboot have cancelled any pending decryption requests? (i.e. will I need to go in and manually decrypt everything that's still encrypted) or will it resume batch decryption of everything in the background?
I notice that the OPT+ recursive decryption option is no longer available for the folders which I'd previously requested it for, even where the recordings are still encrypted.

The decryption requests won't be cancelled by the power cycle, decryption should still be carried out in the background as long as the DLNA server is running. you can check this from Web-If >> Diagnostics >> DLNA Server = Enabled > Running

The decryption requests won't be cancelled by the power cycle, decryption should still be carried out in the background as long as the DLNA server is running. you can check this from Web-If >> Diagnostics >> DLNA Server = Enabled > Running
Thanks. The DLNA server is running so it looks OK. Presumably the encryption is stopped if the Humax goes into standby? If so, is there any way of preventing it going into standby until all encryption jobs have been completed?

After installing Samba I was able to see the Humax folder on the network, but I thought I needed to use the OPT+ option on the Humax to copy files in order to decrypt the files while copying. Does the Auto-Decrypt package supersede this - i.e. if I use that option from the web interface can I simply copy and paste the files from the Humax using Windows and be able to play them using Windows Media Player or VLC?
So many people don't understand what they are doing with decryption. Things Every... (click) section 5.

Back