Tunbridge Wells

LDW

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I'm planning to let the Tunefix Fairy deal with all this. And to that end, I have sprinkled some fairy dust his way. Fair's fair.

(Seriously, though, we are deeply grateful for everything you do.)

Last edited:
:rolling:
As 5 out of the 6 multiplexes are changing frequencies, that should read "You will need to retune".
It says "You may need to retune on the 19th July".
If "You" are not intending recording or watching anything new until the weekend there is no need to retune on the 19th July.

I'm planning to let the Tunefix Fairy deal with all this.
Hmm, I rather think you might be disappointed.
For one thing, nobody responded to my request for tuning database info. from the (disgusted of) Tunbridge Wells area.
For another, TW and Heathfield are currently co-channel for the main 6 muxes. This state of affairs does not continue from tomorrow for the COMs.
For a third, historically TW was a relay and the Fairy doesn't do relays, only main stations.
And I believe them to be on the same service id which makes doing an update for both separately impossible.
I did wonder whether to bother at all given the problems, but figured something was probably better than nothing.
So, you will probably get PSB1-3 but not COM4-6 and you'll have to tune those manually.

The South East is a bit of a pain, much like Scotland.
And to that end, I have sprinkled some fairy dust his way.
Have you? (Need an emoticon for 'mystified', but there isn't one.)

1.0.51:
Remove BT Showcase HD and BBC RB 2-6​
Mux. moves for 700 MHz clearance at:​
Heathfield (PSB1, PSB2, COM4, COM5, COM6)​
Tunbridge Wells (PSB1, PSB2)​
Bluebell Hill (Everything)​

Tunbridge Wells COM4, COM5, COM6 and Local require a Manual retune.

As it happens, that'll do nicely for me. Tunbridge Wells is only where Facebook _thinks_ I live.

Do donations via this forum not reach the Tunefix Fairy?

Do donations via this forum not reach the Tunefix Fairy?

No. They go into af123's fighting fund. The hosting for the forum, wiki, and RS, domain fees, and Xenforo fees, are at his expense (although the forum itself was originally set up and paid for by Michael, he wanted out).

Any "added value" by the rest of us, and the software development (overwhelmingly by af123, but with contributions from a few others), is unpaid and entirely voluntary. If there is any surplus between donations+advertising revenue and costs, I'm sure nobody minds af having a beer or two.

Last edited:
As it happens, that'll do nicely for me.
Did it work completely then? Nobody from Bluebell Hill/Heathfield responded to the request for tuning info. either, so I wondered if we had any users in those TX areas.

The Tunefix fairy ain't psychic

No????? This is disappointing indeed.

No. They reach the Custom Firmware fairy.

Ah. How do we thank the Tunefix Fairy, then? I presume clapping one's hands doesn't do the job?

Did it work completely then? Nobody from Bluebell Hill/Heathfield responded to the request for tuning info. either, so I wondered if we had any users in those TX areas.

Point me at that thread. I may have a friend in the Bluebell Hill area...

No????? This is disappointing indeed.
I know. It's a bit like how time travel doesn't work either.
How do we thank the Tunefix Fairy, then?
Send some bitcoins by carrier pigeon, then I can melt them down and sell the metal.
I presume clapping one's hands doesn't do the job?
:clap: I think that just moves air molecules about and makes them and your hands a bit warmer. :clap:
Point me at that thread. I may have a friend in the Bluebell Hill area...
Too late now, but https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/request-for-your-transmitter-tuning-info.8468/

Reactions: LDW
I got up this morning at 5.15 and as usual turned on the Tv/Hummy to find BBC1 was gone BBC1HD was fine, all the other stations were gone too apart from the HD ones, back home tonight and they are all back I think, not had time to look too closely though, should I? Whats all this about manual tuning of Com4-6? I am hoping
to find that we are at last getting BBC4HD but knowing T/Wells I will be getting less hmmmph! I did notice Blaze is now 63 from 80 and I have Paramount now but no time tonight to even re-do my favourites list or schedule, I really should dive in a get the customised firmware set up shouldnt I.

Needless to say I am getting my signal from T/Wells

I did an auto retune, a couple of reboots, and I had everything back - all the channels back in the right places, idiotic channels gone, recording schedule back in place. Bliss.

I really should dive in a get the customised firmware set up shouldnt I.

Yes.

I did an auto retune, a couple of reboots, and I had everything back - all the channels back in the right places, idiotic channels gone, recording schedule back in place. Bliss.
Courtesy tunefix and auto-schedule-restore, not tunefix-update (which would not have required the auto-retune).

Back