[tunefix] Automatic channel organisation and maintenance

I just tried it and I'm getting the same thing. And yet I can navigate up the tree using the FTP client in DOpus, so it can't be anything fundamental at the Humax end. I'll have a play...

Log in to FTP as the 'root' user (without the quotes) and you should see the entire filesystem. Log in as HumaxFTP and you just see the media.
Aha! Of course. I have DOpus set up as a root user, and the instructions in the Trail Guide only need to access the media for what I was doing in that. I think the root password is "root" isn't it?

Last edited:
Got it now. Password is still the PIN. Unless there was some caching, the initial view still only shows the media, but clicking in the address bar on the IP address for the server brings up the root tree.

Got it. Thanks af. Bloody computers! (not to mention thick old men;))

While I was up to my neck in alligators, I completely forgot that I was really there to drain the swamp. Now to try to find out what I was trying to do in the first place ;=)

Jeez, it was in post #9

OK, all done, but not perfect results.
Tunefix install correctly set West as my main region.
When I retuned, I got 252 TV + 61 radio. The save asked me to select England (selected) or Wales and then West (selected) or South West.
My main region is West (Mendip), but Wales (Wenvoe) is on a similar bearing. Looks like I also got South West (BBC ONE S WEST is in the channel list on 875) even though Honiton as that is around at about 90 degrees from my aerial.
This left me with 144 + 32 channels, including 800 801 822 826 827 875 1027 & 1034.
I have now rebooted twice, which has restored by schedule and favourites, but there are some odities.
Most obvious is 1027 as my ITV (SD), which by the very poor quality is from the 3rd region.
Also, the 8 channels above 800 are all still present.
Just for luck, I rebooted again, but with no further changes.

Any suggestions?
I have channel.db before retune, after retune (before reboot) and after reboot if they are any use (and if I can find a way to post them).

EDIT
Ignore comment about 1027, that is just a hiccup in the way the favourites were restored.

Last edited:
Re post#9. Now I've got a better idea of what's what, I'll get onto it in the morning and report back.

I tried adding the following to /mod/etc/smb.conf (do-able using the diagnostics file editor), and now I have a mount point called [Root] showing up as an entry under the Humax network share in DOpus (and presumably Windows Explorer) which gives me file manager access to the whole file system:
Code:
[Root]
   comment = Root
   path = /
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   browsable = yes
   create mask = 0644
   directory mask = 0755
   hide dot files = no

I don't know whether all the parameters are necessary, I just copied them from the example.

I have removed channeldel and installed tunefix and configured it to just remove channels:

170-199
201-299
790-799

I have retuned and rebooted three times but tunefix has not run and the above channels are still present. Any ideas?

Good point G4DDS... I hadn't noticed because they don't feature on my favourites list, but I also have channels that should have been removed (201-299, 790-799).

I have channel.db before retune, after retune (before reboot) and after reboot if they are any use (and if I can find a way to post them).
Can you ZIP them having renamed them to identify which is which, along with /mod/boot/tunefix.conf and attach them on a Conversation to me please?

Good point G4DDS... I hadn't noticed because they don't feature on my favourites list, but I also have channels that should have been removed (201-299, 790-799).

Glad it's not just me. Incidentally just checked the config file and it looks sensible to me:

Code:
REGION:West Midlands
LCN:170-199,201-299,790-799

I have removed channeldel and installed tunefix and configured it to just remove channels:

170-199
201-299
790-799

I have retuned and rebooted three times but tunefix has not run and the above channels are still present. Any ideas?
Not at the moment. I've tested locally and it works. "Bloody computers" indeed.
Can you check on the Diag page in file xinit.log for a line which says "Tunefix V1.0.1 (c) 2015 prpr"
I'll have to turn on some debugging...

Not at the moment. I've tested locally and it works. "Bloody computers" indeed.
Can you check on the Diag page in file xinit.log for a line which says "Tunefix V1.0.1 (c) 2015 prpr"
I'll have to turn on some debugging...

Just in case it might shed some light on what's happening...

Code:
15 Reminder checking disabled.
14 XOTA: Removed 0
13 XOTA: Removing any auto-update scheduled events.
12 Opening /var/lib/humaxtv/rsv.db
11 SQLite3: 3.7.5
10 XDSO: Removed DSO scheduled events.
9 Opening /var/lib/humaxtv/rsv.db
8 Tunefix V1.0.1 (c) 2015 prpr
7 Setting volume to 20
6 Setting channel to 101
5 POC: LCN 101, VOL 20, FAV 0
4 SQLite3: 3.7.5
3 Boot: 2
2 TZ: BST
1 Micom Timestamp: 1445039058 - Fri Oct 16 23:44:18 2015

Just in case it might shed some light on what's happening...
That's as expected. Can you update to 1.0.2 and repeat please?

I've disabled the Preferred Region stuff for now, as I've just discovered a horrid flaw - "West" matches "West Midlands" on a partial match, yet if you live in Gloucestershire you may receive from both and it won't work as intended :eek:

I'll hold off for a while then unless you need further info.

I will try BH's mod though later.
Later: That worked OK in Windows Explorer. Now have Root in folder list on T2. Ta.
Just as a matter of interest. The smb.conf file only seems to have [Media] as a share. Why do I also get the Music, Photos and Video folders listed? Ah. No answer required. Just RTFMd the .conf file:oops:

Last edited:
The xinit file contains "Tunefix V1.0.1 (c) 2015 prpr".
zipped files attached.
I will load and reboot with 1.0.2 and see what happens.

Attachments

• tunefix.zip
    35.2 KB · Views: 2
Can you check using the command line?
Code:
humax# cat /mod/boot/tunefix.conf
humax# /mod/boot/xinit.d/tunefix

Code:
humax# cat /mod/boot/tunefix.conf
REGION:West
LCN:201-299,790-799
FORCE:1:BBC ONE West
FORCE:2:BBC TWO
FORCE:3:ITV
FORCE:4:Channel 4
FORCE:719:BBC Bristol
humax# /mod/boot/xinit.d/tunefix
Tunefix V1.0.2 (c) 2015 prpr
delete from TBL_SVC where usLcn between 201 and 299;
delete from TBL_SVC where usLcn between 790 and 799;
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 1 where szSvcName = "BBC ONE West";
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 2 where szSvcName = "BBC TWO";
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 3 where szSvcName = "ITV";
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 4 where szSvcName = "Channel 4";
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 719 where szSvcName = "BBC Bristol";
humax#
Well, that all looked good, but I rebooted and still have channels in the 201 range, 790 range, 800s and 1000s
Latest channel.db attached.

Attachments

• tunefix.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 3
Just come up with something that may or may not be a gocha. I use reorder to put my HD channels at 1, 2,3 etc. putting the SD versions at 101, 102, 103 etc.
I removed channeldel and did a retune this morning on D3+4 and ArqB. For some reason which escapes me, it seemed to retune BBC1 SD, BBC2 SD, ITV SD etc. and put them at LCNs 1, 2 and 3 etc. with them also in their renumbered original location of 101, 102, 103 etc. (see where this is going yet?). It put all my HD channels in the 800s. Now a reboot sorted this out OK, but, if tunefix bins the 800s before reorder runs, it seems that the HD channels will get lost???? Or reorder will just shuffle the SD LCNs about.

Now the other thing. Why when I retuned D3+4 and ArqB did it put the SD channels back to 1, 2, 3 etc.?

Later.
Just done another retune of ArqB only. Before reboot, BBC1 HD, BBC2 HD and BBC3 HD have been allocated LCNs 801, 802 and 803 respectively. LCN1 and 2 and 7 have reverted to the SD versions (LCN 3 & 4 are still OK on HD). A reboot sorted the HD back to 1, 2 and 7, buuut I now have duplicate entries in the TV's EPG for LCNs 101, 102 and 107 (the BBC 1, 2 and 3 SD) A further reboot still leaved duplicate 101, 102 and 107 LCNs in the TV's EPG but not in the CF EPG (no duplicates there)

Last edited:
Back