[tunefix] Automatic channel organisation and maintenance

Having the ability for REGION to take a comma-separated list of regions not to delete would be good, it would remove the noted limitation. The NAME command could also take a comma-separated list in addition to having multiple lines.
Is this likely to happen?

Version 1.1.0 released, which allows for multiple REGION lines to be added manually to the tunefix.conf file.

Perhaps BH could update the configuration file guide as follows please:
Code:
-There may be multiples of any of them except REGION.
+There may be multiples of any of them.

-removing any services which do not belong to the specified region
+removing any services which do not belong to all specified regions

I've just updated tunefix to correct a problem where the Humax software auto-selects the wrong region for those of us who receive from more than one.
This was causing all the junk channels to get deleted from the region it was about to remove anyway and leave those on the region you did want up in the 800+ (and 1000+) numbers.
Region selection is now prioritised over the other commands so this works as I originally envisaged (tested using the force-retune diagnostic).

There's a DSO event at 14:00 tomorrow. I've just uninstalled disable-dso on my main box and will now leave tunefix and auto-schedule-restore to the mercy of the automated process to see what happens. :eek:

There's a DSO event at 14:00 tomorrow. I've just uninstalled disable-dso on my main box and will now leave tunefix and auto-schedule-restore to the mercy of the automated process to see what happens. :eek:
I've just done the same to test it for you as well. What should I expect to happen?

Well, if you have configured tunefix correctly, after an auto-retune and a reboot everything should be back to normal (or maybe two reboots).

You need to reboot after removing disable-dso just to be sure the event is in the schedule. Then as BH says. I'm not sure if the retune will cause a reboot - I suspect not - so tunefix and auto-schedule-restore might not get run until the normal operation of the box causes one, which is probably a bad thing! For boxes on 24/7 it might need a manual restart. Does anyone know what happens about these events for boxes in standby? Do they wake up to do the DSO or does it happen the next time the box comes on?

Well... the HD and the HDR were both on. The HD has done a retune (and hasn't rebooted, as expected), but the HDR has not (I forgot to reboot it :oops: and the DSO event has now gone from the schedule).
Anyway, the HD was a right dog's dinner after the retune:
Before tunefix.png
but doing nothing other than rebooting it, it turned into this:
After tunefix.png
and no further intervention needed :).

I presume that it was tunefix that deleted LCN 7 following BBC 3 moving online.

According to http://www.terrestrialtv.uk LCN 7 has already been reallocated to local channels. Mustard tv here in Norfolk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would have been tunefix-update rather than tunefix, if you have it installed. There's another update out now that'll shift your Local TV channel to 7 (or 8 depending on where you are), but you'll have to modify your tunefix settings as well to stop the latter shifting it back again. There's only so far you can go with automating stuff...

Well, mine seems to be OK. Schedule still present and correct. HD LCNs at 1, 2 3 etc., and LCN7 gone. Is that what should have happened? I guess so.

There's another update out now that'll shift your Local TV channel to 7 (or 8 depending on where you are), but you'll have to modify your tunefix settings as well to stop the latter shifting it back again. There's only so far you can go with automating stuff...
After a bit more thought, I've automated this as well, should it become necessary in the future (e.g. swapping 1 and 101 or such like).

I decided today that as there have been a few channel changes lately I'd retune both FOXs. I usually do a manual tune but with the apparent capabilities of Tunefix I decided to try an Automatic tune.
So, backed up schedule and favourites, let autotune run, reboot, it then automatically did another reboot, and all done. Except I had no HD channels (which was immediately apparent as 2/3rds of the recording schedule was missing).
I don't know if this was a Tunefix thing or whatever, but I then redid it all but doing my usual Manual tune and it worked fine.
Any ideas?

The only other slight glitch was that on the first box it didn't transmute 5* into 5 STAR in the favourites (I noticed a message in the log and both were missing) and I had to manually add 5 STAR. But on the second box (which I did straight off with a Manual tune) 5 STAR was present and correct. As near as possible the boxes use the same settings for all the CFW packages. I've not been through the channel lists in great detail but the rest of it looks pretty OK.

Difficult to know about your missing channels without a) a copy of your post-autotune pre-reboot channel.db file and b) a copy of your tunefix.conf file.
Service renames are handled automatically by the Humax software.
Log messages are no use unless you tell someone what they say.

Yes, I know I'm light on evidence. I'm not even sure when the HDs were 'lost' but I suspect the Autotune failed to capture them for some reason - not actually a problem with tunefix, etc.
It was an oddball and I was really just throwing it into the game in case others had had similar issues.

I've now updated Tunefix to allow addition (cloning) of channels based on the recent Channel 5 HD work.
I've pushed out an update to tunefix-update also, which should add C5HD automatically for those who have that package installed.

Back