tunefix problems after retune

Pixel Eyes

Yesterday I retuned my box. All went well but after rebooting, I noticed that some 33 out of the 158 TV channels had disappeared. I found that removing tunefix was the only way to keep the full range of channels.

I would like to be able to force some channels to a specific number, but if I reinstall tunefix the behaviour is repeated, despite the 'Remove channel(s) by number' and 'Remove by name' fields in Tunefix Settings being empty.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.13)

if I reinstall tunefix the behaviour is repeated, despite the 'Remove channel(s) by number' and 'Remove by name' fields in Tunefix Settings being empty.
There is also tunefix's 'Preferred Region' option. This will delete everything not in your preferred region.
With all channels still present you could start by looking at the mux-info in diagnostics to see which muxs are being picked up from elsewhere and then take it from there.

I do have my preferred region set as North West, as I have always done.

Looking at the Mux Info, there are ten channels. Eight are labelled North West, and two Com78 National.

tunefix deletes all of Channels 31 and 37 which are the Com78 National ones. However, from Channel 54 (North West network) it also deletes BBC TWO HD, ITV HD, Channel 4 HD and Channel 5 HD, leaving Film4+1, BBC ONE HD and CBBC HD intact.

The deleted channels are all in DVB-T2 multiplexes. None of the DVB-T (SD) ones are affected.

tunefix deletes all of Channels 31 and 37 which are the Com78 National ones.
With the current version of tunefix I also have the same with Com78 deleted if the FOX T2 has a 'Preferred Region'.
Unless and until tunefix is changed not to delete the National ones, for now you'll just have to remove 'North West' from the tunefix settings box and just leave it blank, if you don't want then deleted. Apart from manually tuning to avoid needing a 'Preferred Region' there is nothing more you can do at your end.

Or can you live without using the 'Preferred Region' delete in tunefix anyway?

However, from Channel 54 (North West network) it also deletes BBC TWO HD, ITV HD, Channel 4 HD and Channel 5 HD, leaving Film4+1, BBC ONE HD and CBBC HD intact.
Do you renumber any of those channels? And do you have any number ranges being deleted? I'm wondering if you have both setup in some way that it is not immediately obvious that they would be deleted

tunefix deletes all of Channels 31 and 37 which are the Com78 National ones.
The buggers have changed the rules. I didn't notice this "Com78 National" network last week with the BBC FOUR HD re-jig.
This problem will only have affected people who have done a retune, and not those using tunefix-update.

I've just uploaded a fixed version of tunefix.
However, from Channel 54 (North West network) it also deletes BBC TWO HD, ITV HD, Channel 4 HD and Channel 5 HD, leaving Film4+1, BBC ONE HD and CBBC HD intact.
I don't think this is related, but it's difficult to tell. You'll need to zip and PM me the relevant files:
/mod/boot/tunefix.conf
/var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db

but I might not get chance to look until next week.
The deleted channels are all in DVB-T2 multiplexes. None of the DVB-T (SD) ones are affected.
That's not relevant. tunefix neither knows nor cares about the modulation scheme.

Last edited:
`
The buggers have changed the rules. I didn't notice this "Com78 National" network last week with the BBC FOUR HD re-jig.
That's because the 2 muxs were only reclassified after the BBC FOUR HD move. I retuned one of my FOX HDs manually (a few hours after 14:00 on the 11th) and they were still labelled as part of the main transmitter's network.
Possibly it happened yesterday when BBC FOUR HD from Com7 was turned off?

That's because the 2 muxs were only reclassified after the BBC FOUR HD move. I retuned one of my FOX HDs manually (a few hours after 14:00 on the 11th) and they were still labelled as part of the main transmitter's network.
Possibly it happened yesterday when BBC FOUR HD from Com7 was turned off?
It can't be. I rescanned COM7 and COM8 on my one last Thu. (and have not subsequently) and it's got "Com78 National" in the network list. None of the others have and it's not even possible for them to change without a rescan. This would certainly have been done on the 11th.

Do you renumber any of those channels? And do you have any number ranges being deleted? I'm wondering if you have both setup in some way that it is not immediately obvious that they would be deleted

Yes I was renumbering the channels which were being deleted, but also BBC ONE HD which survived. The number ranges being deleted were 211, 260-299 and 787-799 which I don't think should have affected BBC TWO HD, ITV HD, Channel 4 HD or Channel 5 HD.

Anyway, taking up your suggestion, I removed all settings from tunefix, rebooted and then set up my 'Force channels to specific numbers' rules afresh.

I don't know whether it was this which cured the problem, or prpr's update to tunefix but it's working fine now.

Thanks guys :)

Just experienced something similar after a re-tune.

I'd been missing recordings this last few days, on various channels, both from series-bookings and single events (5Star, TalkingPicturesTV, BBC1 HD), so decided to do a retune 'cos I couldn't be bothered to think any harder about what might be causing it.

All went well, but after a reboot I only had about 10-15 channels - and many of those were +1s.

Several re-tunes later (double check; triple check; removing tunefix & -update; reinstall; then removing tunefix settings group by group (a couple of those while on the phone to my brother....:)) ), I FINALLY removed the "Preferred Region" value I'd set (Berks & N.Hants) and problem resolved.

Sadly my 'check the forum before wasting time' step didn't stretch far enough back to this thread - I blame a long day and a short attention span, but I'll remember this next time I have issues :)

Back