Tunefix question

jon99

Hi
I've just downloaded the CF and am having an issue with tunefix (or rather my handling of it)

on my HDR Fox T2 I have my favourite TV channels set up in the order I want them however I've noticed two are missing and not available to add by editing favourites. they are E4 and ITV +1.
I do not remember deleting them though I did delete a lot of other channels.
I have set up tunefix settings and they are both there.
They appear in the "force channels to specific number" list and also in the "remove by name" list.

I have performed a re tune and then a reboot but they still don't appear in my TV or favourites list.

Do I have to clear tunefix completely and start again and if I do will I lose my favourites on the HDR
Is there a connection between HDR favourites and Tunefix "force channels to specific number" list?
I would have thought favourites match the "force channels to specific number" list.

any help appreciated (trying to avoid completely redoing favourites and force channels to specific number!

Take them out of the "Remove by name" list then!
Then do another retune.

There is no connection between HDR favourites and Tunefix.

If they are in the remove by name list then they will be removed which is probably why they are not there. Would suggest you do the following:
Ensure you have a backup with the latest schedule (in Schedule, Backup/Restore) or, to be on the safe side, create a backup. This will save your favourites.
Then remove E4 and ITV+1 from the remove by name list and do a retune. As long as tunefix is set to your liking then, once retuned and rebooted, all should be okay.
Finally restore the backup and reboot. All your favourites plus your schedule will be reinstated.

Edit: Sorry prpr was busy typing when your response was made...

Ok, thank you.
It was just that initially I couldn't see how to remove stations from that list.
It was because to get them in there you highlight and then use the arrow button, I was looking for an arrow button to put them back :)
I now realise you just delete the line and save changes to get them back in the channel list.
Not complaining, it's great firmware!
Maybe the OP doesn't understand the true meaning of "remove".
Thanks for your concern

Thanks for your concern
Maybe my misunderstanding stems from your original post:
...I've noticed two are missing and not available to add by editing favourites. they are E4 and ITV +1.
I do not remember deleting them though I did delete a lot of other channels.
I have set up tunefix settings and they are both there.
They appear in the "force channels to specific number" list and also in the "remove by name" list.

I have performed a re tune and then a reboot but they still don't appear in my TV or favourites list.
Is this not an expression of surprise that a service listed under "remove by name" has been removed? Once removed, a service can only be restored by retuning, but unless you deselect it for removal by tunefix (or disable tunefix), it will be promptly removed again.

I would have thought favourites match the "force channels to specific number" list.
Where would you have got that idea? The point is to be able to, for example, make BBC ONE HD appear as LCN 1 on the "tuning dial" instead of at LCN 101. This is handy for people who don't want the StDef services at any price, if there is a HiDef equivalent. This has nothing to do with Humax's poorly-implemented system for presenting user-selected subsets of services.

Did you actually read anything about what tunefix does, what it's for, and how it works, before piling in and installing it?

Last edited:
Once removed, a service can only be restored by retuning
That's not strictly true any more. tunefix-update adds things fairly frequently. Of course you have to know the magic numbers to be able to do this and you can only get them by retuning on at least one box, so if you only have one box...

Back