Tunefix Settings

Andybrody

Morning all
I have a HDR-FOX in the lounge and a HD-FOX in the bedroom.
I have got both to set Ch1, Vol Max etc a boot.
I want to set the same Channels to same number, favorites but not scedule
can I some how copy the back up of scedule and tune fix from one to the other and then delete the schedule from the HD-Fox as I do not want to
do the same recordings as the HDR.
Thanks
Andy

You can copy the tunefix configuration by cutting and pasting between the two units using the File Editor on the WebIf's Diagnostics page.

Hi prpr
tried what you said
opened file editor /mod/boot/tunefix.conf
on lounge HDR and copy pasted to
bedroom HD file editor /mod/boot/tunefix.conf
saved it
then
made executable
and
saved again
rebooted the HD machine
unfortunately even though if you open the file on the HD machine and it appears to have copied and saved
it is not acually executed when rebooted.
Any Ideas please would be great

What does the tunefix GUI config. page on the HD's WebIf make of it?
Is there a line in /tmp/xinit.log that gives the Tunefix V2.0.0 banner? What are the lines after that?

You don't need to make tunefix.conf executable either, but it won't hurt. It's a text config. file, not runnable code.

Is there a line in /tmp/xinit.log that gives the Tunefix V2.0.0 banner? What are the lines after that?
Lost me there prpr
Just going out now so not ignoring you be back later

Last edited:
Logs are listed on the right column of diag page - on mine
Code:
37    [/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/vdisk]
36    Tunefix V2.0.0 (c) 2015-2020 prpr
35    [/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/tunefix]

Last edited:
Think I've found what prpr was refering to but makes no sense to me.
Hopefully prpr can offer some helpScreenshot3.pngScreenshot4.png

I want to set the same Channels to same number, favorites but not scedule
Are you expecting favourites to have been copied across?
Copy tunefix configuration should have resulted in the channels being the same. Are they?
But it won't have done anything to the favourites

I think you should be able to copy /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db between machines in the same region which would copy the favourites (use a binary FTP)

Are you expecting favourites to have been copied across?
Copy tunefix configuration should have resulted in the channels being the same. Are they?
Not to worried about favorites its the channels lin up that I'm after
First two screen shots are epg from HDR
second two are epg from HDScreenshot5.pngScreenshot6.pngScreenshot7.pngScreenshot8.png

Sorry, I misdirected you. WebIF >> Diagnostics >> File Editor >> Commonly edited files... tunefix.conf, then select all and copy from one machine, and paste into the other.
yeah sussed that one thanks, done as you suggested and ended up with
First two screen shots are epg from HDR
second two are epg from HDView attachment 5033View attachment 5034View attachment 5035View attachment 5036

What exactly are you expecting to be done? I'm not psychic and you haven't said.
The log shows tunefix hasn't done anything, so presumably there is nothing that needs doing.
I think you should be able to copy /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db between machines in the same region
You can, but you mean transmitter not region. They are not necessarily the same thing.
It's unlikely that two boxes in the same house are going to be on different TXs, but people manage to achieve some strange things sometimes.

I think you should be able to copy /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db between machines in the same region which would copy the favourites (use a binary FTP)
I conducted experiments on that in the early days (via hidden service menu backup and restore operations), and didn't find it very successful.

What exactly are you expecting to be done? I'm not psychic and you haven't said.
The log shows tunefix hasn't done anything, so presumably there is nothing that needs doing.
Im trying to achieve the same channel line up on the EPG
e.g on lounge HDR Dave is on 19 and Dave ja vue is on 20.
on bedroom HD dave is on 11 and dave ja vue is on 20
I'm hoping to get them both the same as lounge HDR
BTY there are other differences that I thought would not be there

From your screenshots it would appear that most channels are in the expected places except
Channel 7 should be Bristol TV but is instead BBC News HD

In your screenshot of the configuration you don't have a rule to force Dave onto 19
Try posting the edit view of both configurations
Are you seeing other discrepancies? It is very difficult for us to spot differences on screenshots unless they are highlighted (windows snip and sketch is useful for taking screenshots and annotating them)

Tunefix isn't psychic either and can only apply the changes that are in the config at the time, if you had previously moved Dave using the Humax menus or change the tunefix rules after they have been successfully applied on your first machine those changes cant be redone

Last edited:
there are other differences that I thought would not be there
A couple of comments, I don't know whether you've covered them:

1. You need a vanilla tuning before tunefix gets to work, otherwise anything could happen. Empty tunefix.conf (or uninstall the package), auto-retune, re-establish tunefix.conf and edit to your liking (through the GUI), then reboot to make it happen.

2. Auto-retune the second unit, copy across tunefix.conf, reboot.

From your screenshots it would appear that most channels are in the expected places except
Channel 7 should be Bristol TV but is instead BBC News HD

In your screenshot of the configuration you don't have a rule to force Dave onto 19
Try posting the edit view of both configurations
Are you seeing other discrepancies?
Yes there are others and thay all from before I copied over the settings and they all had no effect on tunefix even though the copied settings stuck where I wanted the and rebooted several times but all remained the same

Back