Tuning individual channels

"As for encrypted channels in non-freesat you should have searched for free to air channels only. Sounds like you aren't using the channel editor properly. "

There are always some channels that are marked as FTA but aren't. Every time I have tuned in non-freesat mode, and asked for FTA channels only, there have been unviewable channels.

Have you got an example ?. The reverse issue sometimes happens though (Channels marked encrypted are in fact in the clear - usually for short periods only)

Have you got an example ?. The reverse issue sometimes happens though (Channels marked encrypted are in fact in the clear - usually for short periods only)

I will look later, but if you flick through them all there are always some you can't view.

OK, Fashion One is tagged as FTA. I used to regularly see TCM 2 as well, but that has gone now. Otherwise, pretty accurate at the moment.

That's not because it's encrypted, it's because it no longer transmits from 28.2/28.5E. You shouldn't have found it all. Are you deleting all your existing channels before carrying out a new scan ? If not you are looking at the results of a previous scan when it did. If that's the case you will have loads and loads of duplicate entries.

http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=Fashion one&Submit=Zap

Yes, I deleted everything and did a fresh scan.

There have been various Sky channels marked as FTA in the past but I put that down to their incompetence. TCM2 was never FTA was it?

I agree, though, that it is hard to tell not transmitting from encrypted as the message is the same.

Back