Turn on HDR, watch a recording, and after 3 or 4 Min's the picture freezes for about 20 seconds.

fatbloke

I've had a problem with my Foxsat HDR picture freezing and the box coming up saying poor signal for a few months now while watching a recording. It does this 3 to 4 minuets into the recording lasts for about 20 seconds and then it plays fine until you turn it off. Turn it back on again and it always does this but only the once. When you rewind the recordings it doesn't do it again so the recordings are fine. I've now noticed it only does this if you turn the box on and watch a recording straight away. If you don't watch a recording for 5 or 6 Min's it's fine. It's as if the box isn't fully set up yet and goes into a bit of a spasm. Anybody know what it is, or how to get rid of it.
PS - It only does this when you watch a recording, the TV pictures always fine.

First thing to try is do a reset to factory defaults. Make a note of your recording schedule first as you will have to re-enter these.

No good it's still doing it. Anything else I can try?
Worked out how to cure the problem thank god as nobody on here had a clue. Don't bother with a factory reset, that just erases all the recording schedule but does nothing to cure the problem, most annoying. After watching all the recordings that I really wanted to watch I formatted the hard drive and bingo it was perfect again. It didn't erase the recording schedule either which can be a pain in the arse, so it only took a few seconds in the end and it's perfect again, well pleased.

Back