TV Diary - No entries

peterworks

Ye Olde Bowler
Checking through the above I have found that, since 1st January, it shows I have recorded nothing (which is wrong...)
Also from the 4th January it shows I have watched nothing (which is again wrong...)

Am getting the following in the log (which, unfortunately, does not display a date/time):
5000 at file "/mod/webif/html/tvdiary/tvdiary_utils.jim", line 303
4999 in procedure 'get_synopsis_id' called at file "/mod/sbin/tvdiary_status", line 106
4998 in procedure 'log_program_activity' called at file "/mod/sbin/tvdiary_status", line 441
4997 in procedure 'main' called at file "/mod/sbin/tvdiary_status", line 527
4996 Runtime Error: /mod/webif/html/tvdiary/tvdiary_utils.jim:303: database disk image is malformed
4995 at file "/mod/webif/html/tvdiary/tvdiary_utils.jim", line 303
4994 in procedure 'get_synopsis_id' called at file "/mod/sbin/tvdiary_status", line 106
4993 in procedure 'log_program_activity' called at file "/mod/sbin/tvdiary_status", line 441
4992 in procedure 'main' called at file "/mod/sbin/tvdiary_status", line 527
4991 Runtime Error: /mod/webif/html/tvdiary/tvdiary_utils.jim:303: database disk image is malformed

Any ideas please ?

Peter

I don't use tvdiary so don't know where it stores its database, but it looks like it has been corrupted (and therefore needs removing).
This would appear to be similar to what several people have had happen with the sysmon database.

Both tvdiary and sysmon working for me in 2015.
All apps, webif and CF and Standard Firmware at latest release versions.
So I don't think it's a year change bug.

If the DB is in fact corrupt, you should be able to verify it by going into the Diagnostics page, and press "Database Browser" and look at /mod/etc/tvdiary.db to see if it's readable.

I can't sensibly offer advise on de-corrupting it, so can only suggest removing the DB file then executing the migrate program, which rebuilds the DB:

rm -f /mod/etc/tvdiary.db
/mod/sbin/tvdiary_migrate

If you choose to uninstall then re-install tvdiary instead, then you will still have to manually delete the DB file through the Diag page before re-installing, as uninstalling doesn't delete it.

Thanks for the responses.
martxw - database looked okay. Removed the db file, uninstalled then reinstalled. All okay now.
Have subsequently decided that I do not really need it (shows we have been watching too much tele !) so uninstalled then removed db again.

A good exercise for me in trying to get my head around how it all works...

Peter

In contrast, I would like to note that I need TV Diary very much :)

Do please consider adding the ability to show the Inventory sorted by e.g. recording date - that's the one important thing my Toppy could do that I can't do on the Humax.

thanks again...

[ah sorry, for a minute I thought this was the main TV Diary thread...]

Back