TV Guide & Schedule

Are you sure that the Humax has accepted the password that you put in for the Wi-Fi dongle? The Humax won't accept 'special' characters, only A-Z and 0-9. It's worth trying the Wi-fi dongle one something else like a computer to see if it works on that. The TV portal will only work with the 'Apps' already displayed in the Menu, setting up an account is supposed to allow new Apps. to be selected from a Menu but it won't work on the HDR until we get a software upgrade and I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that, it has been a long time coming

The password is just a quote in lower case thats easy for me to remember. The dongle came with a CD, two PDF files user manual English /German "nothing about using with a STB" & W-LAN Stick.exe this installs a REALTEK app.
Plug in the dongle Win 7 finds it & loads a generic diver a says its working correctly, but the app fails to find it.
I did find a referance in the user manual for a HDR7600T Quick Start Guide pages 10/11

HDR-FOXT2 & dongle arrived on time, very pleased with the STB but the the Dongle seens to be faulty, the setup finds it,it finds my SSID & can set the WPA (router set Auto WPA or WPA2) enter password, mine is long & if I am slow entering it times out. Apply then reports "connecting to WiFi network" repeats that then reports Failed to connect WiFi network.
Tried the ethernet connection that worked, TV Portal is a disapointment it allowed me to setup an account OK, but it's a waste of time.

There is no point setting up an account for the portal, and the facilities it offers have been well known for a long time - the highlights being BBC iPlayer, YouTube, and Internet Radio.

Some people are successful with a WiFi dongle, but many are not. Use a wired connection if possible, otherwise I recommend HomePlug.

The referance IPTV not implimented due to it's "age", is that the same as HDMI Ethernet Channel (HEC)
No. HDMI Ethernet Channel (HEC) is basically a way for devices connected by HDMI to share a single LAN connection - see http://ecorecables.com/resources/what-is-a-hdmi-ethernet-channel. The HDR-FOX T2 doesn't have HEC. (I use a sub-£20 unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switch to provide wired LAN connectivity to all my AV equipment.)

What people mean by IPTV in this sense is (usually) access to channels which appear in the Freeview EPG but which are actually delivered via IP (using the newer capabilities of MHEG - the same technology that provides "red button" services). When the HDR-FOX T2 came out support for IPTV via MHEG was not mandatory, and it didn't have it. It still doesn't. I don't miss it.

The HDR-FOX T2 does have access to BBC iPlayer and YouTube via the Humax Internet portal (and other services via the custom firmware portal).

Back