tv guide

waiting for ever for the tv guide to populate. is there away speed up the process.
What software version is the Humax using? You can speed up population by using PiP (Picture in Picture) to view two channels from different multiplexes eg BBC1 and ITV1. However a box using the current software should have a complete EPG for the next few days after less than a minute.

Less than a minute? Mine is nothing like that and it's on 1.0.23. After a format, it takes at least half an hour. It is quicker after just a power off/on as it reads it back from disk, but it's still nothing like a minute.
Another good reason not to turn it off...

Less than a minute? Mine is nothing like that and it's on 1.0.23. After a format, it takes at least half an hour. It is quicker after just a power off/on as it reads it back from disk, but it's still nothing like a minute.
I agree after a disk format it will take a long time But as most people don't have to format as often as you do that isn't a big issue. Last time that I did an accurate timing it was around 45 seconds.

There is a well reported problem with the EPG after the recent channel re-shuffles but also incorrect tuning can cause problems. Are you tuned to only one transmitter? A quick check is to look for duplicate channels starting at channel number 800.

Yes, I'm well aware of the one TX thing. I've got a 20dB attenuator in to get rid of Wenvoe off the side of my aerial. It now auto-scans without any duplicates.

Yes, I'm well aware of the one TX thing. I've got a 20dB attenuator in to get rid of Wenvoe off the side of my aerial. It now auto-scans without any duplicates.

I was actually giving information to the OP, sorry for any confusion.

OK. Probably best to quote in that case. I assume you're replying to the immediately preceding post otherwise.

It used to be the case that tuning to BBC1 (or 2), speeded things up, as they broadcast the EPG faster than some of the lesser stations. Might be worth a try.

Back